Senior Structural/ Civil Engineer
Senior Structural/ Civil Engineer + 3 Years’ Experience
Location: Godalming, Surrey
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 DOE + 23 days’ holiday + bank holidays.
Job Type: Permanent
The company are urgently seeking a Senior Structural/ Civil Engineer for a friendly growing and focused team of engineers in a well-regarded local practice. The company is based in a light and bright town office within easy reach of a number of major transport links.
Owing to a dramatic increase in workload they now require a Senior Structural Engineer.
The company offers a broad range of services within construction design for both residential and commercial projects based in the UK and are looking to expand their team due to the increased workload with a Senior Engineer, who is degree qualified with knowledge of designing structures to both British Standards and Euro Codes with particular emphasis on Residential developments. The candidate should also have a minimum of three years’ relevant post-graduation experience in building structures
You will be responsible for preparing drawings, developing detailed designs, analysing structural components and preparing calculations for all projects. You will also be involved in site surveys and liaising with customers, clients and other professionals.
The types of projects a Senior Structural/ Civil Engineer will get involved in would include residential, new builds, loft conversions, basements, extensions, low rise housing, blocks of flats, offices, schools and refurbishments of historic buildings. Projects are varied and interesting and will range in value up to £5 million and you will quickly become an integral part of a growing team.
This is a great opportunity for a Senior Engineer who is looking for a new challenge and wants to progress to Associate level.
The Minimum Requirements:
- Experience of Structural Engineering in directly relevant fields. Ability to deliver design solutions, assessment calculations, lead teams and successfully manage projects. A solid track record of having worked on a variety of structures projects.
- Have gained a degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- You will be Chartered or nearing Chartered status.
- You will have a minimum of 3 years’ design experience from a consultancy environment.
- You will demonstrate a professional competency in structural engineering.
- You will have the ability to supervise junior members of the team.
- A good working knowledge of AutoCAD and/or CADS.
- Working as part of a design team and taking an active part in varied projects.
- Developing detailed designs using AutoCAD and CADS Software.
- Performing structural analysis and preparing calculations.
- Performing site surveys and visits.
- Liaising with clients, customers and other professionals.
- Ensuring the delivery of high quality detailed designs and contract structural documentation.
- Manage projects and teams from inception to completion.
- Ensuring consistent high quality project delivery through QA checks and working to British Standards.
- Preparation of fee proposals for Technical Director or Director authorization.
The ideal person will be degree qualified within Structural Engineering and will have experience of taking designs from initial sketches to completion. You'll have worked with various materials (steel, concrete, masonry, timber etc.) will have a high attention to detail and will be driven to offering customer led, viable solutions.
Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
Live a commutable distance to Godalming or willing to relocate.
3 years (minimum) of relevant industry experience.
Graduate Civil Engineer, Graduate Structural Engineer, Civil, Structural, steel, masonry, timber, commercial, domestic, Engineer, Technical, CAD, AutoCAD, Drawing, Building, Extensions, Loft Conversion, BS, Godalming, Surrey.
What you'll get in return:
Our client is offering a friendly and supportive work environment actively encouraging staff to learn and progress. Additionally, they offer Pension and a discretionary bonus scheme.