This is an interesting and varied role working for an innovative and growing publishing house.
These journalists provide up-to-date, insightful and dynamic articles on a range of subjects that are relevant to their audience. This position will report into the CEO and have overall responsibility for ensuring the smooth running of the day to day financial operations.
The company is looking for a candidate that has previously led and managed a small but growing finance teams. You will have a good blend of both technical and commercial accounting ideally gained within a growing media company.
This is an exciting time to join the business as they continue to grow and expand their offerings. You will be involved with the management team and will be able to take ownership for the finance department.
- Prepare consolidated management accounts;
- Balance sheet reconciliations;
- Develop financial reports, forecasts, budget and management accounts;
- Prepare annual and bi-annual statutory accounts and lead the annual audit process;
- Financial modelling with scenario based analysis;
- Prepare statutory financial statements;
- Ensure commercial success of any brand extensions;
- Improve & develop systems and procedures to ensure the efficient and effective management of the company's finances;
- Investigate and accrue for missing costs, defer revenue and accrue income as per brand and by month;
- VAT and Tax returns;
- Manage the company payroll.
- Ideally fully qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA or equivalent);
- Previous experience gained within a Publishing or Media company would be a distinct advantage;
- Working experience of Sage Line 50 would be highly beneficial;
- Previous managerial skills gained within a finance function;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with a senior management team;
- Highly numerical with an analytical mind and close attention to detail;
- Strong Excel/modelling skills;
- Experienced in forecasting, running business models and producing "what-if" scenarios;
- Excellent VAT knowledge;
- Hands on approach with the ability to meet deadlines, drive change and calm under pressure;
- Good analytical and presentation skills.