Salary: £35.7k package including holidays and 5% flexible benefit fund
Location: Papworth Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Cambridge
Established in 2005, we are now the UK's leading provider of business services to the NHS, which include Finance & Accounting, Procurement and Employment Services. We currently work with 100% of the NHS Commissioning organisations and over a third of NHS Trusts, providing a high level of governance and accountability for around £100 billion of NHS spend annually. We also provide a full range of solutions for NHS Provider organisations, ensuring cost improvements and efficiency savings, as well as improved data management and reporting.
NHS SBS is a unique joint venture between the Department of Health and Sopra Steria. Our mission is delivering £1 billion savings back to the NHS by 2020 and we have already delivered audited savings of over £350m. We provide cost improvements of around 30% for our clients, as well as providing added value solutions.
Do you have procurement knowledge and experience? Are you a talented procurement professional with strong project management skills looking for your next career move?
We are looking for a team member for this great opportunity in our new onsite team at the Papworth Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. We need a bright, confident communicator with great relationship management skills to assist the Senior Procurement Partner in delivering an excellent procurement service to the client and supporting delivery of the Trust work plan. You will also be involved in data analysis, project work and tendering processes using innovative thinking, continuous customer engagement and the effective use of resources.
- Develop good communication mechanisms and personal relationships with all stakeholders to ensure a co-ordinated approach to ensure stakeholders make the most effective use of the procurement service
- Be well informed and to understand markets and the factors which influence cost to secure the best value for money and to provide customers with advice and guidance
- Be capable of providing information on goods and services identified to enable informed decision making
- Capability to interrogate accounts payable data via Accounts Payable spend and produce reports showing compliancy to Standing Financial Institutions (SFIs)
- Effect the purchase of goods/services utilising appropriate purchasing arrangements/contracts provided by national, regional, consortium and local organisations as part of the procurement service they provide to the Trust
- Capability to perform OJEU/tender/quotes processes ensuring all procurement steps and documentation are maintained in line with legal thresholds and Trust SFIs
- Develop a proactive relationship with the off-site transactional side of the service, and link into reporting and management opportunities
- Experience and knowledge working in a procurement team, including working knowledge of EU procurement legislation
- Degree or equivalent good level of education
- IT literate with good knowledge of MS Office, Electronic Purchase Order Systems and ecommerce
- A team player with excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
- A confident and positive communicator with good negotiating and influencing abilities
- Time management and organisational abilities with flexibility and initiative to adapt to changing priorities and workload
- CIPS membership
- NHS/public sector procurement experience
- Studying for CIPS
- Knowledge of EU procurement legislation
- Change management experience
Freedom to act
Over 1,900 NHS SBS people work as a fully integrated team to ensure our NHS clients benefit from our strength in process industrialisation and service innovation. On offer is the opportunity to join this fast growing and successful organisation. The role comes with a competitive salary and the opportunity for further development within NHS SBS or the wider Sopra Steria Group.
NHS Shared Business Services is committed to establishing and maintaining a working environment which is free from discrimination and values all employees as individuals. All applicants and employees are selected, recruited, trained and promoted solely on the basis of their skills and behaviour.