Accounts Payable Assistant
- Responsible for a designated portfolio of Supplier Accounts to maintain the efficiency of our processes to ensure all invoices received are processed accurately in line with payment terms, matching of purchase invoice to purchase orders, scanning and uploading of document prior to filing
- Reconciliation of supplier payment and statements, ensuring all copy invoices are requested as and when necessary
- Resolving any discrepancies regarding payments, invoices or purchase orders
- Process internal expense claims, ensuring the submission of claim forms adhere to internal policies
- Respond to day to day finance queries from external and internal stakeholders
- Administer card payments and process through Sage Pay with allocation on internal systems
- Reconcile petty cash
- Banking as and when required
- Credit Card Reconciliation
- Assist the department with month end activities
- Ad hoc administrative duties, e.g. answering phone, taking messages, filing, supporting colleagues in other departments
- Carry out other duties as directed by Accounts Manager
Minimum of 2 years previous Accounts Payable experience.
Good working knowledge of MS Office packages.
Experience of working on an ERP system is advantageous.
Strong excel skills
Communication, accuracy, teamwork, attention to detail, planning and organisation, problem solving, initiative
The desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
Supportive and willing to assist others. Confidential at all times.
Excellent organisational Skills.
- Ensuring that all responsibilities are met in accordance with company procedures and the Staff Handbook
- Understanding the need for confidentiality when dealing with both internal and external information
- Flexibility to travel either to all Company sites within UK or abroad
- Flexibility to work outside or in excess of standard hours when necessary to achieve objectives required
- Sound knowledge of the company’s service offering specific to role