Senior Consultant - Health Advisory (Finance)
A leading Health Advisory Consultancy are looking to appoint a Senior Consultant with a financial background looking for an exciting opportunity to join a specialist team of health advisory professionals.
You will play a significant and long term role in the delivery and development of our work with key health & social care clients and devolved governments in the UK. Primarily working at client sites, we are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated qualified accountant with strong analytical / IT skills (advanced excel), the ability to communicate effectively to non-finance staff and an ability to use your own initiative to work independently and pro-actively.
This role is well suited to a candidate with existing NHS experience.
- Educated to Degree Level with a minimum 2:1 in relevant subject.
- CCAB qualified accountant or any other recognised accounting qualification e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA.
- Healthcare experience including sound understanding of NHS accounting / finance frameworks and policies.
- Experience in working in the NHS, other Government Departments in the UK and devolved governments.
- Evidence of commercial skills / working as business partner.
- Financial experience such as Business Case, investment appraisal, Financial planning, costing and modelling experience .
- Has experience of managing small project teams to achieve agreed goals.
- Has the ability to be on client site(s) 4 - 5 days/week.
- Has some knowledge of NHS England and Scotland.
- Holds MSP or PRINCE2 at practitioner level or has equivalent experience.
- Has worked or delivered a service transformation assignment.