Channel Sales Manager
Smart Utility Management
Smart Utility Management is a fast-growing North East based company procuring energy to small, medium and corporate enterprises across the UK. We specialise in assisting clients to find the best products and services to reduce their energy bills and consumption.
From our head office in Chester le Street we are now 60 strong and have tremendous growth plans to continue our reach throughout the UK in 2017
We are an ambitious, forward thinking team with plans to grow our business to fulfil our full potential within the commercial utility market. We are looking for like minded individuals to join us to grow our business, earn fantastic money and reach your full potential in your career and earnings.
The primary purpose of the Channel Sales Manager role is to recruit referral partners and support regional partners in the generation of sales opportunities and letters of authority. You will have a good working knowledge of the utilities industry and associated products and services as well as sound commercial acumen.
These skills will assist partners to qualify customer’s needs, assist with presentations, handle objections, and win business. The role will be both customer and partner facing.
- To achieve and/or exceed month and quarterly targets.
- Responsible for the recruitment, onboarding, and account management of regional business partners
- Responsible for carrying out effective meetings with new and existing customers, assisting partners to win letters of authority.
- Demonstrate excellent listening skills, with the ability to rapidly link business requirements to product capability and customer pain points.
- Ensure full visibility and utilisation of the sales toolkits within the Business Partners Business (ROI tools, White Papers, Referral Sites etc).
- Maintain and develop close working relationships with Business Partners and their Sales teams by a combination of field based and telephone/Skype/Webex managed communication and engagements.
- Ensure active involvement in the execution of business partner plans to maximise growth potential for each partner. (Customer Events, Closing deals)
- Work closely with the Region’s pricing specialist to ensure Pipeline and Forecasts are up to date and accurate.
- Report effectively and accurately all pipeline, appointments, sales plans and forecast to the National Sales Manager.
- Maintain and enhance knowledge in order to be recognised as an expert and an ambassador for the Smart Utilities Management brand.
- Communicate effectively with key stakeholders in order that both internal and external relationships are managed to the highest standard of professionalism
- Provide win/loss analysis and other key information back to business partners and the business
- Ensure that all issue resolution is dealt with swiftly and effectively and in the best interest of both the Partner and Smart, escalating where appropriate to ensure that this happens.
- Effective time management to maximise appointments and to focus on the right opportunities and business partners
- High energy levels at all times
- Positive attitude
- Resilient in the face of commercial challenges with ability to motivate others through this
- High achiever and target focussed
- High levels of integrity and honesty
- Ability to influence at all levels
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Well-organised and focused
- A strong team player
- Ability to empathise with peers, our customers and our people
- Sense of humour
Relationships and Key Stakeholders
- Good knowledge of the utilities industry or ability and aptitude to assimilate information and knowledge rapidly
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to plan and deliver against specific objectives
- Ability to deliver key business information in a timely manner for decision making
- Influencing skills
- Ability to coach and mentor others
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Team Player
- Commercial Awareness
- Proactive and creative thinker
- A full, clean Driving Licence
- Proven sales track record in either a direct or channel sales environment
- Experience working with accountants and/or business partners
- Ability to manage by influence and develop win/win strategies for Partners, and also business colleagues.
- Execution and progress reporting of business plans
- Ability to manage diverse partner requirements.
- Account Management
- Drive for Results - sets high standards and aggressively pursues achievement.
- Communication and Motivation- ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, both internally and externally at all levels without conflict.
- Ability to negotiate and develop relationships at all levels with a particular focus on senior management
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
- Understanding of key commercial drivers for New Business Experience
- Able to prioritise
- Ability to establish strong business partnerships, creating and maintaining effective credibility and influence
- Able to organise and plan meetings whilst reviewing action effectively ensuring that progress is made
- Understanding of Marketing and product development processes
- A track record of delivery of objectives in any or all of the following areas - sales targets