Avionics Business Development Manager
A Business Development Manager on a permanent basis is required by a world-leader in the integration of cutting-edge defence and security systems, delivering decisive advantage to military, government and civil customers worldwide. The employee culture is one that thrives on innovation, embraces teamwork and possesses a strong will to succeed. The pioneering technologies and the quality of our people give them their competitive edge.
Purpose of Position
The role of the Business Development Manager is to develop and execute strategies to develop and win profitable business within the Electronic Systems domain by developing existing contracts and follow-on opportunities to contribute projected growth plans over the next five years. In addressing the allocated territories and business areas, the role will be responsible for maintaining our current position and enabling expansion into adjacent market areas.
- Working with the Programme Managers to develop existing contracts and follow on opportunities.
- Contribute to the development of the long term strategic business plan over a 5 year period.
- Identify market developments and pursue opportunities which arise, in the short, medium and long term.
- Gather market intelligence to identify future in-segment market opportunities, and R&D opportunities.
- Achieve an agreed annual order budget for the business unit in line with the strategic long term business plan.
- Develop, build and maintain both new and existing customer relationships, as well as establishing and sustaining wider relationships in the UK defence sector in order to promote new business and to significantly shape their thinking.
- Develop new ways of promoting the company
- Leverage the Corporation to maximise probability and size of wins.
- Manage and co-ordinate multi-disciplinary teams for new business pursuits.
- Develop and write new business proposals.
- Act as a 'Champion' for raising the quality, sales content and consistency of proposals.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Enthusiasm, energy and drive with an engaging personality.
- Personal commitment and dedication to closing competitive opportunities.
- A strategic thinker.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
- Ability to influence senior customer representatives in order to secure significant strategic outcomes for the business unit.
- Trusted to handle sensitive and competitive information, and to use it to develop and enact winning business strategies.
- Team working.
- Trusted with sound judgement.
- Eligible for the relevant security clearance.
Education & Experience:
- Understanding of the UK Defence marketplace, particularly in Avionics.
- Preferably knowledge in both the civil and military aviation sectors.
- Experience working with platform primes.
- Knowledge in the field of avionics mission systems.
- Demonstrable experience in product development.
- Experience in a business management or a business development role.
- Track record of winning new business and of building relationships with decision-makers at all levels in UK defence.
- Good contact base across UK Defence (military and business).
- A good honours degree would be preferable
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit www.sammons.co.uk for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.