Local Product Specialist - Field Based
There’s something special about working for The Southern Co-operative. Not only because we are a successful, growing business but because we work together to make a positive difference to the local economy, environment and our local communities.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Local Product Specialist to support the Local Sourcing Manager in the development of a local specialist food area (local sourcing) to provide a point of difference for customers of our food retail business.
You’ll manage the products from initial ranging, pricing, order and supply through to stock management and sales performance. You’ll also assist in developing and maintaining the business relationships between the society and local suppliers.
This is a field based role and a car will be provided.
- In line with the strategy defined by the Local Sourcing Manager, manage the day to day performance of the Local Flavours product range through store specific plans
- On-going store support to ensure maximum availability, profitability and waste mitigation
- Daily management and maintenance of suppliers to ensure a smooth, open and honest interface
- Education of store teams in all relevant 'local’ processes through timed visits and workshops
- Store opening and special event support
- Maintain a close working relationship with the Product and Services Support Merchandisers who are responsible for the provision of reports, planograms and HQ maintenance
- Work closely with Trading Formats and Implementation to ensure that the format model is delivered effectively; space determination support
- Ensure that the maximum benefit is derived from promotion areas and seasonal events relating to the Local Flavours range
- Implement and manage product based sales development initiatives working with suppliers, stores and Area Business Managers (ABM’s)
- Maintain a close working relationship with Heads of Retail, ABMs and Store Managers and understand the impacts of activities on the internal and external customers at store level
- Input to Local Flavours process and, in conjunction with the Local Sourcing Manager, ensure that all stakeholders are identified and consulted or informed as appropriate
- Be an effective participant in the wider activities of the Products and Services team within the Food Retail team and the wider business
Key Experience, Knowledge and skills;
- Previous experience within product sourcing and/or buying
- Retail experience would be an advantage, however not essential
- High level of negotiating skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Knowledge of food industry / food retail
- Sound commercial knowledge and market awareness
- Good level of acumen and analytical ability
- Assertive and able to assess situations quickly
- Ability to manage workload and deliverables of others
- Sound knowledge of product categories and sales dynamics
If you’re passionate about developing our local sourcing product range and have a background in a fast-paced environment, then we would loveto hear from you.In return, we will offer a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to develop your skills and grow your career.