Business Development Manager
Our client is a leading name in Entrance Solutions, from Industrial Doors to Pedestrian Entrances and everything in between. They are a constantly evolving global force and are now recruiting for a Business Development Manager to further strengthen their foothold on the market, focussing on opportunities with clients inside the M25.
As Business Development Manager you will be tasked with winning new business, selling Industrial Doors and Docking Solutions within the M25. The role will involve selling to Contractors, Architects and End Users from Logistics & distribution, Manufacturing, Retail, and Car Dealerships amongst others. This is a fully autonomous role and will require you to identify and prospect potential clients in the manufacturing segment, as well as follow up on leads from our internal team, and close deals with contractors.
- Secure new products sales in line with monthly targets for volume and profitability.
- Proactively develop specifications with key specifiers to secure long term growth.
- Work closely with our service department to ensure customers long term retention
- Proactively create opportunities to ensure sales pipeline is maintained.
- Win new business and develop existing local accounts to maximise area sales
- Produce accurate site surveys and reports
- Produce accurate pad drawings and sketches when required
- Deliver CPD presentations in a dynamic interesting format and style
- Chase quotations to close sale and maximise hit rate
- Ensure all orders are fed quickly and accurately into the operations team to maximise efficiency and customer service.
- Produce accurate sales reports and forecasts as required.
- Work with cross business area colleagues to maximise sales of product range
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all times
You will have a proven track record of selling Industrial Doors, Dock Levellers or Loading Bay Equipment to end. A sound technical understanding of our product and ability to talk and sell on a technical level is essential and you must be a strong new business winner with a demonstrable track record.
Dynamic, energetic sales person with the following attributes:
- Experience of selling into the industrial sector together with a good all round knowledge of our core products is desirable.
- Solution centric approach to selling and knowledge of 'service' provision in some form - not just accustomed to selling 'hard products'.
- Familiar with selling directly to end-users as well as through architects and contractors
- Able to clearly demonstrate their ability to implement and deliver short, medium and long-term strategies.
- "Can do" attitude with a desire to make things happen at a very fast pace.
- Strong customer account focus.
- Excellent communication skills
- A team player who likes to cooperate with all members of the team.
- Ability to work in a large corporate company
- Fully IT literate in Microsoft Office package as a minimum requirement also with some CRM knowledge.