Sales & Business Development Manager
This is a field based position and the successful candidate will gain the opportunity to work with amazing brands and major retailers across the UK.
Our company is one of the UK & Ireland's leading CE Distributors - working with retailers such as Selfridges, John Lewis & Dixons. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing these relationships and also creating new sales leads.
What Will I Be Doing?
Your main job is to manage and grow our wide customer base across the UK. You will also be required to find sales leads, pitch our company’s fantastic brands to prospective clients and ensure you have a great working relationship with all your contacts. You will be charged with prospecting for new clients by cold calling, networking or advertising. You will be responsible for managing and growing our existing customers and ensuring that these customers feel valved and all their needs are met.
Once you land new clients, you have to develop a rapport and set sales targets while ensuring the working relationship blossoms. You will work with mid & senior level management; marketing and you may also be called upon to manage the activities of other employees who develop business for the company. As you will be responsible for developing the pipeline of new business you need outstanding strategic planning skills.
Sales Manager Job Duties:
- Determine annual unit and gross-profit plans by implementing marketing strategies; analyzing trends and results.
- Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
- Implement national sales programs by developing field sales action plans.
- Maintain sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Establish and adjust selling prices by monitoring costs, competition, and supply and demand.
- Complete national sales operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintain national sales staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Business Development Manager Job Duties:
- Identify trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments.
- Locate or propose potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities.
- Screen potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending equity investments.
- Develop negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating partners' needs and goals.
- Close new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhance organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
The finer details...
If the thought of sitting behind a desk all day gives you itchy feet, this could be the job for you as you’ll be required to spend a large amount of time visiting clients and attending networking events.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Closing Skills
- Motivation for Sales
- Prospecting Skills
- Sales Planning
- Selling to Customer Needs
- Territory Management
- Market Knowledge
- Presentation Skills
- Track record in meeting Sales Goals
The role will start on a salary of between £30k-£60k per year DOE. The role also offers commission on sales and business expenses such as: car allowance, fuel card & daily business expenses.
For further information on JDM Products please visit our website: http://www.jdmproducts.ie