Morgan Hunt are currently looking for an Information Officer to work on a Permanent basis at a leading Health Regulator in Central London. The role will be paying £30,000 to £35,000 depending on experience in addition to some great benefits!
- Draft clear responses to information requests that meet all of the statutory requirements
- Provide assistance to those requesting information to enable them to clarify/ refine their requests
- Liaise with colleagues throughout the organisation to obtain the information requested, assisting them with understanding the request and providing appropriate support to help colleagues to locate and provide information in time for responses to be sent within the statutory deadlines imposed under the Freedom of Information Act and Data Protection Act
- Consider and prepare responses to requests from third party organisations for personal data held by the client
- Prepare responses to requests for internal reviews of decisions regarding the release of information
- Review and update the publication scheme to ensure that it complies with the requirements of the FOIA and DPA in a timely and adequate manner and thereafter maintain the scheme
- Contribute to policies relating to FOIA and DPA and the voluntary release of information including those relating to charging for some information
- To identify trends in information requests and pro-actively consider whether information requested should subsequently be included in the publication scheme.
- Provide regular reports on the status of outstanding requests
- Acknowledge, manage and track responses to requests for information
- Educated to degree level or equivalent (essential)
- Excellent working knowledge of the requirements of FOIA and DPA.
- Proven experience of working in a similar role entailing performance of the job functions listed above.
- A formal Freedom of Information or other information management qualification
- will be an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Highly computer literate.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills and ability to prioritise.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to provide high quality and accurate work with good attention to detail.
- Accessible, approachable and with an enthusiasm for fostering good working relationships within the organisation.
- Dedicated to offering good customer service.
- A commitment to diversity and equal opportunities in employment and service delivery.
Please apply ASAP if you would like to be considered.
Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer.