Nursery Assistant Manager
To supervise, plan and lead a team in the running and organisation of the Nursery Provide a stimulating and varied programme of play, ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children at all times.
Areas of Responsibility
Ensure that as detailed below, you`re responsible for overseeing/delivering the `guest experience`, `team experience`, `financial performance` and `compliance` of the areas listed:
- Team Nursery
- Guest Stay & Play
- Tots Activities & any other Nursery Specific guest activities required
Some Key Responsibilities for Operating the Nursery:
Some of the Key Responsibilities of the Nursery Assistant Manager Role are:
- Keep all children safe from harm via monitoring and implementing sufficient safeguarding policies
- Inspire the team to provide a stimulating learning environment for children as they start their lifelong learning journey
- To take responsibility for identifying and planning of individual children`s needs through the EYFS
- Monitor the effectiveness of the Early Years Foundation Stage
- To be responsible for implementing systems of observation and record keeping so that children`s attainment and progress are effectively and regularly assessed & to monitor the effectiveness of this.
- Work in partnership with families and providers
- To liaise closely with parents/carers, informing them about the Nursery and the learning journey, exchanging information about children`s progress and encouraging parental involvement
- Promote the Nursery to current and potential parents and clients to ensure healthy occupancy
- Take accountability for running a high quality Nursery
- To ensure that all the requirements for OFSTED and other legislative bodies are met
- To work alongside senior management to achieve excellent standards within the nursery
- To ensure records are properly maintained e.g. daily register, accident and incident records etc.
- To attend relevant training courses and meetings as required
Ensure that our guest experience is the best that it can be in all Nursery Areas.
- Ensure and oversee a seamless day to day operation of your areas
- Be present for the guests at peak trading times in your areas (where feasible)
- Ensure the venue is fit for purpose at all times. Manage and monitor - look & feel, experience, communication, repair and maintenance & Health and Safety of Area
- Review and management of TI, Verbatim and social media reports to understand trends, areas for opportunity and action with the Leisure Ops Manager
Create an environment of `High Performers with High Fulfilment` by leading our team towards excellence
- To organise the key person system and to effectively supervise team, to be responsible for monitoring the quality of teaching
- To participate in staff appraisals and to identify and performance issues, concerns and or any training needs
- Recruitment - Forecast the number of team required for all breaks and ensure only the best team are selected to join our business, ensure team hold required qualifications/experience for their roles
- Culture - Role Model unique way of working in everything you do and create an environment in which your team can perform at their best
- Training - Ensure a training schedule is in place and that it is planned and aligned to all mandatory training requirements for both Nursery policies
- Development - Ensure every team member has an opportunity to discuss their personal development as part of their performance review and has a development plan in place where required
- Succession Planning - Use development plans to support with filling all key roles in the department.
- Goal Setting - Ensure every team member has goals in place to work towards - inline with our performance review time scales
- Team Welfare & Wellbeing - Implement, manage and review processes for ensuring that our team are as fulfilled, healthy and supported as they can be whilst at work. And ensure that our team know what happens if/when they need support.
- Reward and Recognition - Support with the implementation and management of reward and recognition for our team
- Performance Manage - follow the correct processes are followed as set out in our internal guidelines and ensure that we are fair and consistent at all times.