Trainee Sales and Proposals Engineer
Position: Sales and Proposals Engineer
Location: Norfolk, United Kingdom
My client is the primary subsidiary within the company group dealing with engineered solutions for the Oil, Gas and Power Generation markets. Due to continuous expansion they have a new opportunity for a Trainee Sales and Proposals Engineer to join their team. The role would suit a candidate from an electrical/mechanical design or control panel environment with a desire to move into a sales orientated role
The Sales and Proposals Engineer should be able to develop a clear understanding of the various routes to market for the company's range of products; including Engineering Contractors and Systems Integrators.
This is a technical sales role and although the candidate will be provided with full training they would ultimately be expected to prepare quotations on their own and for larger enquiries in conjunction with others.
Main duties will include:
* Work closely with the companies agents to develop sales opportunities and extend the company's brand.
* Be able to devote your time effectively across the full range of sales functions including quotations, follow up and clarifications
* Conduct technical sales visits and attend Bid Clarification meetings with, engineering contractors and systems integrators on an international basis.
* Most of the company's contracts are international and as a result this position will involve some international travel.
* Prepare detailed technical quotations, handover documentation and design datasheets.
* Liaise directly with third party manufacturers / design houses to obtain technically compliant competitive quotations.
* Update the company's CRM database in respect of quotations, customer contact and visits.
* Process orders within the companies CRM database.
* This role is primarily a technical sales orientated role and would suit an individual with a technical background and good interpersonal skills
* You will have the confidence to communicate up to senior management level with your customers
* You should have a solid technical background, which will enable you to generate confidence with your customers and to provide the technical support necessary to complete a profitable sale.
* Ideally you will hold a minimum HNC/HND qualification in an electrical engineering subject, although the range of products include aspects of thermal, mechanical and instrumentation design so individuals general engineering backgrounds will be considered.
* Willing to undertake occasional travel overseas.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with a technical background and/or qualification who wishes to advance their sales career in a rapidly developing company.
Technique Recruitment Solutions are a specialist Engineering Recruitment Company based in Norfolk
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959928089