Product Developer, gifts & home
We are excited to be working with a very successful, trend-driven home and gift company - they supply their cool products to a variety of major retailers including John Lewis, Waitrose and Urban Outfitters.
They are looking for an experienced creative Product Developer to join their team to be involved in the entire development process; from idea generation through to delivery.
Key Accountabilities for this Product Developer role:
- Take briefs from the Director and designers on new product development ideas
- Identifying key trends/ gaps in the market for new product development
- Help to identify product improvements for existing products
- Managing the product from concept through to delivery
- Briefing factories clearly with product specifications, negotiating pricing and ordering samples
- Placing POs with factories
- Working with the design team to organise artworking for customer orders
- Proof checking artwork; ensuring the contents, product imagery, barcodes, product codes and batch codes are all correct
- Creating and reviewing product and packaging specifications to be sent to the factory
- Ensure all pre-production and production samples are organised and signed off internally and externally
- Comparative shopping on a regular basis to check own product in store and keep an eye on the competition
Essential Knowledge, qualifications and experience:
- Ideally at least 3 years of experience within product development
- Experience of working directly with the Far East
For a chat about this Product Developer role please contact Louisa Mordaunt and send your CV today!