Technical Manager - Global Company - Permanent - South East London
Your new company specialise in producing a range of poultry products, ingredients and ready-meal solutions. They provide to some of the largest retailers, food service providers and manufacturers. They operate on a global scale. My client is currently undergoing a large scale growth and expansion period and are therefore looking to bring on a new Technical Manager
Your New Role
Your main responsibilities will involve driving and supporting product safety and quality assurance across the business including partner manufacturing sites. You will develop and maintain a strong knowledge base covering food safety, quality and technology and utilise this knowledge in order to develop and lead the technical team. You will deliver and maintain any third party direct accreditation standards set out by your new company. You will support and develop the food safety and quality management system to monitor and meet the compliance with BRC. You must respect and maintain budgetary constraints and controls.
What you'll need to succeed
- Food science or food technology (or similar) related degree
- HACCP level 3 (minimum)
- Experience and knowledge working with Poultry or meat
- Ability to work to full capability independently.
- Experience undertaking third party audits.
- Knowledge and experience of full factory concepts.
- Professional trainer qualification or similar.
What you'll get in return
- £40 - £55k pa
- Oversee travelling (fully expensed)
- Flexible working
- Customer facing interactions
- Benefits and holiday package
What you need to do now
If you are interested in applying for this role, please click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Connor Butler at Hays Food & Nutrition for further details. If this role isn't quite what you are looking for, but you would like a confidential discussion about your career opportunities, then please contact us.