Edward Mann are recruiting for a Top Logistics business based in North of London. The role will be a key cog within the finance function and assist with aspects of Financial and Management accounts and alongside this key involvement with the analysis and Financial Planning team to help instruct, advise and improve business decision making. Accountant
Purpose of the Job
- To maintain and develop the core accounting function
- To ensure accuracy, completeness and timeliness of accounting transactions
- To ensure regulatory compliance around VAT, corporate tax and assist with statutory reporting
The role should be a key "go-to" individual for accounting-related queries, and will work closely with the Financial Controller and the Financial Planning and Analysis function to deliver a unified and effective Finance service to the business.
- First review of regular balance sheet reconciliations prepared by the team, and preparation of reconciliations of stock and work-in-progress
- Prepare the management accounts to tight deadlines
- Offer support to FP&A in the preparation of commentary and other transactional investigation
- Preparation of the year-end audit file and regular liaison with audit staff
- Preparation of corporation tax analyses as required for the corporation tax return
- Liaison with auditors on financial management standards compliance
- Assist with the preparation of weekly cashflow forecasting and day-to-day cashflow management
- Working with other teams in anticipation of accounting problems
- Full understanding of client accounting process.
- Intercompany reconciliations
Edward Mann Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Edward Mann Ltd is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.