Senior Procurement Officer (Construction)
My client is an organisation that continuously looks to improve the way they deliver their services and as such look for high calibre individuals to take them on their respective journey.
As Senior Procurement Officer and key member of this quality procurement team, you will be responsible for the following:-
- Developing and implementing category management plans for your designated category
- Ensuring the delivery of maximum benefit for the organisation in all of the procurement related commercial activity and in doing so, contributing to the successful delivery of the Corporate Procurement Strategy.
- Providing first level leadership to a team of procurement officers, to include the following:-
- Managing tendering activity through e-Procurement Portal ensuring timely receipt of supplier enquiries
- Undertaking category and supplier spend analysis;
- Researching supplier and market information;
- Supporting contract management.
- Overseeing the other procurement officers in ensuring all documentation is consistent throughout the procurement process e.g. sourcing plans, OJEU notices, PQQ’s, ITT’s and award documentation
- First degree or equivalent;
- A track record of managing a portfolio of large, complex procurements;
- E- Procurement experience and high level working knowledge of IT;
- MCIPS or working towards CIPS qualification;
- Experience and a solid understanding of public sector procurement;
- Understanding of buying consortia/OJEU compliant frameworks and alternative routes to market;
- Good verbal, written and analytical skills;
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills;