Theft & Fire Investigator
Due to the continued success of the "Times top 100 Companies to work for" a leading Insurer, are now looking to recruit a Theft & Fire Investigator to join their dynamic and forward thinking teams. The main purpose of this role is to pro-actively screen and investigate a portfolio of motor theft and fire claims.
- Screening incoming theft and arson claims against known fraud indicators and other risk factors, identifying cases where investigation is required.
- Utilising a variety of desktop tools (CUE, MIAFTR etc) as well as various internet checks and databases to assist with claimant profiling and to determine the direction of the investigation.
- Telephonic interviewing of claimants utilising specialist cognitive interviewing and conversation management techniques in order to further determine risk and separate honesty from inconsistency.
- Pursuing follow up inquiries with external parties including regulatory and licensing authorities, other insurers and law agencies.
- Providing focused instructions to, and subsequently liaising with, specialist investigative suppliers including field investigators, engineers and forensic specialists.
- Validating documents and keys.
- Assessing the completed 'evidential picture' in order to determine the correct outcome for the claim.
- Managing claims caseload, in accordance with company claims philosophy, claims handling procedures and service levels.
- Responding promptly and pro-actively to incoming telephone calls and correspondence by use of telephone, e-mail and letter.
- 1 years' experience working within a theft claims environment
- 2 years' experience working within motor claims.
- Good market knowledge.
- Good commercial awareness.
- Knowledge of regulatory framework relating to Claims.
- Previous experience working within an investigation team.
- Cognitive Interview.
- Experience in assessing fraud risks.