Assistant Buyer - Menswear
An exciting Assistant Buyer position for an international fashion retailer to be based in Zone 1 London
A leading high-street retailer with enormous presence internationally is looking to continue its growth with additional headcount into their buying team.
This is a business that looks to promote individuals as soon as they're ready rather than needing to wait for a vacancy to come up.
- Working closely with the Buyer/Senior Buyer to develop product, range build, sign off and be involved in strategy development.
- Work with the Designers and Suppliers to develop samples and build a commercial range.
- Be involved in fit sessions
- Preparing and presenting weekly department sales information and samples for trade meetings
- Managing the supplier relationships - negotiating with suppliers and reviewing supplier performance
- Involvement in managing relationships internally across various divisions including web, digital, international
- Experience of working within a fast paced fashion retailer
- Either operating at a Senior Buying Assistant level or already at an Assistant Buyer level
- A background in menswear
- Some experience in managing or at least mentoring others
- Good stakeholder management skills
- An ability to perform well under pressure
- A self-starter who is able to work without direction when necessary
- An excellent communicator
- A passion for trend and product
- Ambitious and keen to progress
A competitive salary with a business that is growing and hugely focused on promoting from within