Domestic Abuse Caseworker / Practitioner
Work Relief Charity Recruitment is proud to be working with a local charity specialising in providing emotional and practical support to women affected by domestic abuse in the borough of Southend.
We are now looking to recruit two Domestic Abuse Practitioners (IDVA) with a remit to provide advocacy and support services to those experiencing domestic violence and abuse.
Domestic Abuse Practitioner (IDVA)
Southend on Sea, Essex
£22,500 - £25,000 depending on experience (possibly slightly higher for an accredited and practising IDVA)
Annual leave starting at 25 days per annum
Full Time, Permanent
This is an independent domestic violence (IDVA) practitioner / support worker position where the successful candidate will manage a number of cases across the geographical area with duties including:
- Provide a high quality and pro-active service to those effected by of domestic violence / domestic abuse
- To work within a multi-agency framework consisting of the MARAC and local partnership responses to domestic abuse
- Work with survivors and agencies to monitor the care pathways
- Identify and assess the risks and needs of clients using an evidence-based risk identification checklist
- Work with those affected by domestic abuse to help them access services to keep them and their children safe
- Advocate for high risk clients with agencies who can help to address the domestic abuse participate in local one stop shop for victims of domestic violence providing direct support, advice, information and advocacy
The ideal candidate will have relevant experience of working with women in crisis, along with knowledge of the domestic violence/sexual abuse sector.
You will be highly motivated and committed to making a difference to the safety and promotion of healthy relationships for women. In addition, the ability to engage with women through advocacy and ongoing support is key.
IDVA or DAPA accredited would be preferred, but not essential.
To apply, please email a copy of your up to date CV. Suitable candidates will be asked to complete an application form.
Closing date for completed application forms will be: 8:00am, Tuesday 14th February.
Due to the high number of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from one of our representatives within 1 week of applying, then your application has been unsuccessful.