Summary of role and purpose:
A vacancy has arisen for a part-time Accounts Assistant at Colva: We are a small, busy & growing business.
This important, integral role will require the following:
Sales and Purchase Ledger
- Update accounting system;
- Sales ledger - ensure invoices are raised / posted accurately and in a timely manner and as dictated by the Managing Director;
- Purchase ledger - obtain authorisation from Managing Director for all purchase invoices;
- Where any discrepancies or issues arise with sales and purchase invoices, raise this with the Managing Director in order that a timely resolution can be identified;
- Nominal ledger - process payment runs to suppliers based on invoices approved for payment prepared by the Managing Director.
Monthly and Year-end Accounts
- Ensure the Trial Balance is up to date at each month end and prepare relevant reports for review by Managing Director;
- Preparing the monthly bank reconciliation for review by the Managing Director;
- Regularly review debtors for the Company and liaise with the Managing Director to ensure credit control procedures are implemented;
- Carry out credit checks on new clients of the Company.
- Check expenses and receipts to ensure they’re accurately recorded and the supporting documentation is adequate i.e. VAT invoice where applicable. Ensure that expenses comply with HMRC legislation and raise any queries with the Managing Director in a timely manner.
- Analyse staff expenses ensuring accurately allocated to projects, and pass to the Managing Director for review prior to processing.
- Answer incoming calls to the Company in a friendly and professional
- Open post each day and distribute to the appropriate members of staff.
- Monitoring office supplies and ordering / purchasing supplies as required;
- Maintain stocks of stationery and re-order when required;
- Co-ordinating maintenance of the printer;
- Any other duties as required to maintain a safe, clean and happy office environment.
- Assist the Managing Director and the Office Manager with any other
duties as required.
- Efficient and well organised
- Confident, polite and patient communicator
- Able to work with team members or by themselves
- Very self-motivated
- Highly conversant in MS-Excel
- Conversant in MS Office applications, including Outlook
- Knowledge of Sage essential (in order to fulfil the invoice processing role)
- Willingness to expand current skills and to develop new ones
- An interest IT related issues would be beneficial but not mandatory
Colva is a busy, fast growing business operating in the I.T. industry. Working in a small company can mean sometimes the person will be required to switch tasks, support other team members, be flexible and be very organised with workload. To help balance the occasional pressures, Colva offers a lively environment with the emphasis on fun.
Colva prides itself being highly responsive and patient with customer requests and enquiries, often under competing pressures. It operates a 'can do’ approach. The person would need to excel at these communication skills.
Health & Safety
All employees must observe & comply with Colva’s policies and procedures for Health & Safety
Colva strives to be an Equal Opportunities employer. All employees must observe and continually promote equal opportunities in compliance with Colva’s aims and objectives