Payroll Advisor at least 3-5 years experience
Provide a specialist payroll support and advice service to Group UK & Ireland, via the Human Resources Shared Services model, including understanding the impact of events and actions and payslips and the ability to provide comprehensive and detailed payslip explanations.
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulatory region legislation in respect of processing of all payments to employees, as well as income tax, National Insurance/Social Insurance and pensions.
- Processing of new starters, leavers, personal and job amendments, company sick pay and any other third party/ad-hoc payments and deductions.
- Support Team Leader in continuing training and development of team members, including maintenance of development plans and skills matrices.
- Ensure payrolls are completed accurately and timely following set checks and balances, and to obtain approval before exiting.
- Accurate processing of payroll reversals, including results table analysis.
- Application and understanding of retrospective out of period actions, and the impact on payroll results and payslips.
- Reconciliation and clearance of bank statement, along with application of associated payroll adjustments.
- Generation and reconciliation of payments, including TT, BACS and cheque.
- Validate any exception and/or error reports for reasonableness.
- Processing of Spreadover Pay and understanding the impact on payslips.
- To understand the various pension schemes within the Group and the impact of calculations on payslips, including Workplace Pensions Auto-Enrolment legislation and processes.
- Process death in service payments where appropriate.
- Manage the appropriate approval levels, with supporting evidence, and to ensure sign off is made before BACS payments are arranged for submission.Processing and validation of all tax and National Insurance/Social Insurance documentation, in accordance with local legislation, including P6, P9, P45 and New Starter Declarations.
- Apply and validate statutory payments and processes, in line with legislative framework, including SSP, SMP, SPP, SAP, ShPP, Student Loans, Court Orders, Local Authority deductions and NMW/NLW.
- Management of over-payments, including validation of calculations, communication and correspondence with colleagues (former and current) and external legal parties where appropriate and recovery/reconciliation through payroll.
- Carry out any other required administrative duties connected with the efficient delivery of payroll, including filing and scanning.
- Over 70 years experience in the sector;
- A world-leading provider in its sector;
- More than 60,000 employees;
Constant focus on performance and efficiency.
- Highly skilled in PAYE legislation
- Analytic and problem solving skills
- Conversant with payroll accounting desirable
- Communicative with a high standard of written skills
- Ability to create and maintain payroll process
- Pensions, including Auto-Enrolment
- Real Time Information (RTI)
- Revenue Commissioners (Ireland) submissions via ROS desirable
- Knowledge of SAP desirable
- Experience with working across multiple systems and platforms, including T&A and management of interfaces and import routines
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (particularly Word and Excel) to a good standard
- TUPE transfers, including acquisitions, desirable
- The ability to work to strict and tight deadlines.
- Proactive team player
- Professional outlook and strong personality
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to prioritise at all times, maximising productivity
- Able to work with people at all levels, taking a patient, pragmatic and coaching approach at all times
- 20 days holiday plus 8 days Bank holiday
- Free car park
- Basic Pension
- Study support after 1 year