Qualified Financial Accountant- Maternity Cover
Financial Accountant (9 months fixed term contract)
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Finance department. We are looking for a dynamic team worker with solid Finance experience who is adaptable and prepared to take on challenging and varied initiatives within a rapidly developing business. Working under your own initiative the individual needs to have a dedicated and committed attitude with an eye for detail and who can produce accurate work whilst being able to respond positively to fluctuations in volume.
The Financial Accountant will report to the Financial Controller, be part of a highly effective team and will take an active part in the progression of the Bank as it enters the next stage of growth.
The main purpose of the role will be preparing and analysing financial reports and records. The role will also involve analysing and reporting of financial information for decision-making.
This role will support the coordination of interim and year-end statutory audits, including the preparation of required schedules within the specified time frames for all necessary reviews by the Financial Controller and senior executives.
- Liaising with Group for intercompany reconciliation and settlements.
- Preparation of monthly and mid-monthly profitability reports for the various SBUs with adequate supporting variance analysis.
- Preparation of statutory accounts
- Preparation and submission of corporation tax returns as well as ensuring the relevant tax liabilities are paid within the regulatory timeframe.
- Reconciliation of reports to the General Ledger in the given deadlines
- Review of monthly interest receivables and payables GL proofs
- Preparation, monitoring and control of the annual expense and revenue budget
- Assisting with the preparation of Quarterly board papers
- Weekly Review of bank reconciliation statements
- Oversee accounts payable
- Preparation of weekly capital report
- Preparation of Daily Income statement, Balance sheet and income pipeline projections
- Maintenances on the core banking application
- Periodic peer / market review
- To develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal departments to ensure accuracy and consistency of data provided
- To be proactive in anticipating changes in the economic environment and to assess the impact on the business
- Overseeing accounts payable activities
Person/ Experience required:
- Proven experience working in Finance
- A first degree in relevant field
- Qualified accountant with an up to date knowledge of IAS / IFRS
- Excellent knowledge/understanding of accounting
- 2-4 years post qualification experience
- 5-10 years general work experience
- Strong analytical and supervisory skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong Excel knowledge
- Experience with Sage 50 Accounts
- Results Focused: Driven to achieve objectives/results, with the ability to meet deadlines and perform under pressure
- Communication: Excellent communications skills, with appropriate written/verbal communication to effectively carry out role
- Team Working: Collaboration with own team and other employees
- Personal Effectiveness: Organising self/teams to meet agreed deadlines
- Coaching/Mentoring: Taking time to develop and support colleagues, with in-depth accounting knowledge and application
- Influencing/Persuading: Ability to obtain agreement and cooperation through consensus
- A flexible approach to working hours is a pre requisite as on occasions there will be a need to put in extra hours.