A global tool making corporation located in the North Birmingham area of Wednesbury, have an opportunity for a motivated and confident individual to join their purchasing team on a 12 month contract basis. The company is recruiting on a contract basis for twelve months for a Purchaser who will be responsible for a variation of commodities. The suitable candidate will have prior experience within a similar role and have the ability to quickly develop understanding of a product range. The role requires an individual who is analytical, organisational and confident with their numeracy skills. A professional and pleasant telephone manner is key as the role involves a variety of external liaison via telephone. The role benefits for the right person an opportunity to develop their skill set as a Purchaser, understand a diverse product range and work for a reputable company within the industry. Further benefits include 25 days holiday, annual bonus structure and on site parking.
Location: Wednesbury, North Birmingham
Hours: Full time permanent position 37 hours (8:30AM - 5PM)
- Daily ordering from selected suppliers as per Product Manager recommendations
- Liaising with suppliers regarding order processing, timeframes and avoidance of backlog
- Regular contact with branches throughout UK regarding timeframes and order progress
- Management of backorder process and updating management on case by case basis
- Ensuring stock levels are managed and maintained and customer service is upheld at all times
- Maintenance and constant use of internal systems in conjunction with activity
- Liaising regularly with Product Managers regarding product range, pricing, updates to product range
- Attendance to relevant departmental meetings
- Assisting in invoice discrepancies with accounts team
Various qualifications/experience would be beneficial including:
- Relevant degree qualification
- Logistics related degree
- Previous purchasing experience within industrial product environment
Previous knowledge/experience in the following roles would be considered applicable;
Purchaser, Procurement Officer, Buyer, Category Buyer, Purchasing Assistant, Commodities Officer
The role offers a generous commission structure, on site parking and 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
Cordant is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.