Advisory Executive - Financial Services - Big 4
For Audit clients, the team advises and supports audit teams of all listed clients on accounting for financial transactions as part of the audit. For Non-Audit clients, the team works directly with most major UK and International banks to investigate and resolve a variety of accounting, reporting, and organisational restructuring challenges.
The firm is currently recruiting for Executives who can help support their ambitious growth plans.
What you will do:
- Continue to develop your technical skills through attending hot topic training workshops focused on the key issues facing the UK and International banking industry.
- Develop project management skills as you assist your team in designing and delivering implementation projects.
- Build internal and external professional networks as you work directly with the business's service lines (IT, transaction advisory, audit, and other advisory teams) and key financial services clients to tackle the current and upcoming challenges facing banks today
- Support the team in developing practical solutions to accounting and regulatory challenges by utilising research tools, and the firm's network to investigate issues, assess the impact to clients, and contributing to thought leadership presentations
- An Accounting qualification ie ACA, ACCA or equivalent (achieved or currently pursuing)
- Experience of IFRS, UK GAAP or US GAAP, ideally gained within the Financial Services sector
- Familiarity with common financial products and banking organisations (this may be theoretical)
- Strong interpersonal skills: written, presentation and stakeholder management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
Other useful skills for Banking team roles
- Ability to work independently toward set deadlines and effectively manage multiple tasks
- Experience working with International banks, and knowledge of banking business structures
- Some knowledge of valuation and disclosure requirements (e.g. fair value measurement, impairment, etc.) (though not essential)
- Familiarity with the banking regulatory environment (governing bodies, current events)
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.