Retail Sales Manager
Job Title: Retail Sales Manager
Location: High Wycombe
Salary: Earning potential up to £50k
Position: This position is full time at 40 hours a weeks and carries 22 days annual holiday excluding Bank Holidays.
The Company has three decades of home improvement experience - offering Conservatories, Orangeries, Replacement and new build Windows, Doors and curtain wall facades.
The company is currently seeking a Retail Sales Manager to work out of their busy High Wycombe Head office. Reporting to the Sales & Marketing Director, you will manage sales staff effectively to increase potential business without our Retail sales side of the business.
- Providing a leadership role to Sales staff in meeting their individual targets and overall sales goals by effective lead distribution, closely monitoring of conversion rates and performance.
- To work closely with the Sales administration team, guiding them on lead allocation, following up on all enquiries to ensure correct salesman has been allocated.
- Chairing monthly meetings with retail sales team, produce and issue minutes to designated Directors.
- Recruiting, training and managing the entire contractual relationship for the new Sales personnel, as and when the business requires it, to strengthen the existing team.
- Mentoring and motivating Sales team to inspire them to increase conversion rates and achieve profitable results.
- Managing all HWC Showrooms, to include but not be limited to: opening times, organising personnel for staffing showrooms, authorising Receptionists holiday and managing sickness cover, Receptionists annual appraisals.
- Carrying out regular visits to showrooms to ensure high standards and cleanliness is sustained.
- A good deal of common sense, etiquette and ability to think on one's feet
- Ability to manage team including delivery of both good and bad news
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written to provide optimum levels of leadership
- Excellent organisation skills
- Remain confident in negative situations
- Highly motivated individual who achieves and surpasses targets and KPI's
The person fulfilling this function should be able to:
- Encourage others to communicate effectively and efficiently at a level that is understood by all thus developing a culture of participation and involvement.
- Provide optimum levels of leadership, if required, encouragement, training and support in order to help others achieve their results and meet their budgets.
- Mentor, counsel, coach and generally support those who are not confident in their area of competence, building morale and personal esteem and generally encouraging others to give their best performance.
- Remain confident when dealing with negative situations, convince others to have ideas and create new options, as well as encouraging and enthusing them to come up with imaginative solutions to difficult problems.
- Be resolute in focusing on results, and if these are threatened be prepared to tackle any problems or conflicts which get in the way, dealing with people, despite their feelings or importance.
- Focus and push both self and others if required to achieve targets, budgets and results despite any opposition or antagonism on route.
- Alert to changing situations, show flexibility in approach, adaptability in difficult circumstances and continuously strive to achieve a result.
- Quite bold and if necessary, stubborn in order to fight a cause in situations where others are pushing in directions which may not be best for either all concerned or the organisation.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and cover letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Retail Shop Manager, Retail Manager, Shop Manager, Hospice Manager, Retail Coordinator, Retail Management, Shop Team Leader, Retail Shop Team Leader, Retail Sales Manager, Sales Manager, Senior Sales Executive, Business Development Team Leader, Business Strategy Manager, Retail Store Manager, Store Manager, General Store Manager, General Shop Manager, Retail Store Coordinator, Retail Store Leader, Retail Shop Coordinator will also be considered for this role.