Who we are
As part of ICS, an established and thriving UK Group with more than 1,600 staff, Faber is a new technology business created to develop innovative on-demand mobile-first, cloud-first platforms. Founded by experienced technology leaders, this is an exciting opportunity to help establish a new development practice using the latest development techniques, tools and cloud technologies.
ICS is the parent company to a number of leading brands in the healthcare and life science staffing sectors, and has been growing rapidly on the last 5 years. ICS has identified an opportunity to create and fund a new technology business to lead the on-demand revolution in staffing.
About the opportunity
Reporting to the Chief Architect and Java Lead Developer this role will be primarily responsible for the delivery of highly available micro services to support a new era in on-demand mobile and web applications.
Working as part of a highly productive development team, to establish a new development practice using the latest development techniques, tools and cloud technologies
- Working with the Java Lead Developer and Development Team, taking responsibility for the output and deliverables of their contribution to the team’s deliverables.
- To ensure code is developed in accordance to best practice and company standards.
- Responsibility that code is developed to a high quality and meets the requirements in terms of test coverage and volume and performance SLAs.
- To work effectively as part of a team, sharing knowledge and willing to listen to others.
- To support and mentor more junior members of the team to ensure they deliver effectively.
- To attend relevant IT seminars and conferences so as to keep up-to-date with the emerging technologies and best practices.
- 1-3 years commercial development experience in a software development environment.
- Experience working to an Agile methodology.
- Experience working within an Application Lifecycle Management toolset such as Jira.
- Detailed knowledge working within a Distributed Version Control System.
- Proven software development experience in Java or .NET using OO Design Patterns.
- Willingness and desire to learn new languages and frameworks
- Experience developing RESTful web services with supporting frameworks.
- Good knowledge of unit testing frameworks and behaviour-driven development.
- Experience of dependency management and build automation tools.
- Experience working with relational and/or NoSQL databases.
- Ability work in a team environment
- Excellent communicator (both written and verbal)
- Attention to detail but also able to see the big picture
- Self-Motivated and Self-Reliant
- Ability to mentor and encourage more junior team members
- Enthusiasm and Passion for Development and trying new solutions and technologies
- Excited about technology
- Willingness to share and impart knowledge and ideas
Education and Qualifications
- Degree with relevant development modules, or relevant experience
ICS has been listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to work for four times in the last six years. We are a forward thinking organisation offering excellent training and orientation packages with ongoing support and development to help you realise your potential and career aspirations. We believe that our success is based on your success. We offer a wide range of company benefits including a pension scheme and 25 days holiday.