Senior Pricing Motor Manager
Senior Pricing and Underwriting Manager- Motor
£65,000 - £85,000 + amazing benefits
Manchester city centre
Co-op Insurance is an award winning provider of general insurance products in the UK, with around 1.4 million customers coming to us for services including motor, home and pet insurance. We're currently transforming our business, and we've made a massive investment in tools and technology that'll help us achieve our goal of becoming market leaders in customer satisfaction. The pricing and underwriting team has a massive role to play in supporting this change. They're the engine room that drives our insurance business, and now we need to recruit a talented senior pricing and underwriting manager to join the team, and help us adapt to market conditions to deliver compelling propositions to our motor customers. If you can bring us the strong leadership skills and amazing commercial awareness we need, we can offer you the chance to build a career with a business that always puts people at the heart of everything it does.
As a senior pricing and underwriting manager, you'll own the development of our pricing and underwriting strategy across the motor business. We'll look to you to lead, motivate and develop a multi-discipline team of insurance professionals to maintain our underwriting position and technical price, while at the same time delivering great products with real competitive value. If you can successfully strike that delicate balance, you'll get to see first-hand the positive impact of your products on our member and customer experience.
What you'll do:
- lead, motivate and develop a team of 4-5 direct reports (plus 16-20 indirect reports)
- own technical price, insuring our products are profitable and sustainable
- maintain an acceptable underwriting footprint while ensuring customers have the best products to meet their needs
- deliver retail price to customers using market leading optimisation tools
- understand and own multi-channel delivery
- make sure we're continually monitoring and analysing ongoing performance
- deliver loss ratio and combined operating ratio for motor products
To be successful as a senior pricing and underwriting manager, you'll need tried and tested technical expertise in a relevant field combined with real strategic thinking ability. Strong leadership skills are essential. And if you can help to drive change and influence people at the highest levels, you can make a visible contribution to the transformation of our insurance business.
What you'll bring:
- a relevant professional qualification (or the equivalent experience)
- strong technical knowledge and experience, with the ability to define and build strategy
- experience of leading a team, and the ability to mentor and develop people
- real expert credibility with strong influencing skills at the highest level
- a track record of delivering change and step-changes in performance
- commercial acumen combined with customer focus and genuine integrity
173 years ago a group of businessmen in Rochdale came up with an idea that changed the world. They believed that when people work together, they're stronger, and it's thanks to them that when you join the modern Co-op, you'll receive a competitive salary and a benefits package that includes 27 days holiday, an annual incentive scheme, private health cover, and an amazing pension.
We want to change the world all over again. If you believe in our purpose, and you're keen to progress your career with a business that's different to all the rest, then join us. And help us rebuild an iconic British brand.
We're actively seeking to build diverse teams, and we welcome applications from all people regardless of ethnicity, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. We will make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs.