Senior Lead Developer
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced and capable full-stack lead developer to join our fast moving edtech startup as we begin scaling and operating internationally.
We currently deliver learning content on financial education but we believe our future is in gamification through data modelling, personalized learning through machine learning and features that use augmented reality. You will be integral to the growth and success of our learning platform.
This role is 10% leading and 90% doing, with potential to step up to the Head of Development;
- Manage the software engineering from start to finish
- Be responsible for maximizing the potential for innovation including content management and delivery, analytics, API design, security and encryption and database design
- Jointly developing the product with the CEO, and product lead, then visualize projects, create specifications, design the architecture, and take overall ownership for the technical delivery
You have self-drive and motivation in spades, believe in the transformative power of education and are comfortable in a fast moving, dynamic start-up environment.
As lead developer, you need to be able to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
We love rock-stars (but not divas) and would hope you measure yourself by the impact you’ve made and the metrics you’ve smashed.
- looking for full stack PHP development experience, open to convert if your expertise is in other languages
- understanding of web systems architecture and technologies
- Ability to setup and maintain infrastructure, including database, web server, certificates, etc.
- proficiency at version management systems - we use Github
- multimedia content management and delivery (video, sound)
Blackbullion is an edtech innovator on a mission to make the world money smarter. Our SaaS solution (web-based) provides financial education to almost 300,000 University students in the UK and we are already generating revenue. As our client base is growing quickly, we are looking for an experienced Senior Lead Developer who will be instrumental in bringing our tech in-house and taking our platform to the next level.
You may need to roll up your sleeves every now and then, and work outside the boundaries of your role - joining a startup can’t be all fun and games - but we wouldn’t trade it for all the tea in China!
We are determined to build an amazing team, nurture great talent and offer a creative and collaborative workplace so you can take your passion, determination and tenacity and put it to work doing something you believe in.
- Competitive salary and equity package
- 22 days of annual holiday + extra days between Xmas and New Year
- Great company culture & work-life balance and plenty of food!
This is a full-time role based between Angel and Old Street in London. Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK full-time without restriction.
Come change the world with us!