£28-35k Depending on Experience
Full Time, Permanent Position!
Dynamite Recruitment is currently recruiting for an Assistant Accountant to join one of our top clients based in Littlehampton. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to become part of a supportive and busy team.
The Assistant Accountant will report directly into the Finance Director and will be responsible for the Payroll Function for the business.
- Process all aspects of company payroll (salaries, SSP, SMP Pensions and sales commission)
- Handle personnel and pay documents for the company's staff promptly and precisely
- Develop periodic reports and monitor conformity with the company's budget and policies
- Maintain awareness of relevant regulations in relation to payroll and benefits
- Carry out statutory reporting, and all technical / administrative functions of staff benefits
- Manage Bank Accounts - Ensure cash requirements of the business are met
- Review and reconcile regular Sterling and Non-sterling supplier payment runs
- Maintain overview of all petty cash floats held on or off site
- Forecast cash flow position of the business and optimise this through prompt collection
- Manage foreign currency position and requirements in a cost efficient manner
- Maintain a system of policies and procedures that help control treasury activities
- Prepare and submit VAT returns and make payments
- Reconcile relevant Balance Sheet accounts including Fixed Assets, Debtors & Creditors
- Analyse company accounting records to look for inaccuracies and potential improvements
- Create efficient methods for accounting and record-keeping
- Identify methods for cost-reduction and efficiency improvements
- Understand and adhere to all financial and accounting regulations and legislation
- Disclose or report financial activities to government authorities as necessary
- Occasionally assist or cover for colleagues as required
The Ideal Candidate:
- At least AAT level 4 qualified or equivalent
- Must have working knowledge of Sage line 50
- Minimum of 2 years Payroll Experience
- Have strong reconciliation skills
- Strong organisational and communication skills
Dynamite Recruitment Solutions Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please contact Danielle Neil at Dynamite Recruitment for more details or apply now!!!!