Careers Cluster Advisers
Careers Cluster Advisers
Contract until January 2018
Hours: This opportunity is available as Term time or Full Time
Location: Brent (with travel across London)
£27,000 per annum (pro-rata)
To start as soon as possible
The role will entail supporting the cluster managers to develop, implement and deliver programmes that support the related aims and objectives of the Careers Clusters.
The role will involve innovative and creative group work sessions in schools around careers information, advice & guidance, such as CV writing, interview techniques.
Develop and implement with the Cluster manager a programme of services that will fulfil the aims and objectives of the project and which are in accordance with the cluster plan. This includes writing, managing and delivering programmes and projects. These projects will mainly be group/ class sessions and events.
Liaise and negotiate with schools and colleges to deliver a programme of cluster services.
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other organisations and employers in London, in order to meet the aims and objectives of the cluster.
· Provide reports and bulletins that support the work of the clusters.
· Organise and attend meetings that support the work of the clusters.
· Support other members of the team to deliver the aims and objectives of the careers clusters.
· Promote the work of the cluster in appropriate settings
· Ensure that Prospects quality standards and equal opportunities policies are integrated in all aspects of service delivery
· Perform any other duties necessary commensurate with the scale of the post.
Qualifications: Qualification at NVQ4 level in Advice and Guidance is essential
An understanding of Careers Education Information, Advice and Guidance and what makes an effective careers learning curriculum in a school/college with reference to London Ambitions, most recent Government Select Committee findings and Gatsby.
Experience of working in schools and colleges and awareness of the pressures on institutions in terms of curriculum time and budget available for careers learning.
"Prospects is committed to promoting equality of opportunity, valuing diversity and eliminating discrimination, as a core value.
We are determined that the principles of equality and diversity will underpin all our activities.
We welcome applications from every section of the community, particularly from people with disabilities who are underrepresented in the Company."