Outsourcing Senior-Top Ten firm - FS Clients
The Outsourcing team provides clients with the full range of accounting and back office services, including Accounts preparation, Management accounting, VAT compliance, forecasting and budgeting, regulatory reporting and any other ad hoc advice and assistance on accounting matters. Many clients in the FS Industry.
- Act as the first point of contact for the client, ensuring that all communication, whether written or spoken is in a professional manner
- Assist clients with ad hoc questions in relation to financial matters and where appropriate financial resources implications thereof where possible
- Maintain good relationship with clients
- Respond to and deal with client queries in a professional and timely manner
- Assist clients with the use of accounting systems, such as Sage, Access etc
- Delegate work, where appropriate, to junior members of the team, to allow them to learn and develop
- Train junior members of the team on accounts software and other processes necessary for the rol
- Be aware of chargeable time and charge-out rates, so that jobs are completed on a timely basis, within the budgets provided
- Consider the services supplied by the firm for clients and identify any gaps where additional services may be required. Liaise with the manager to ensure opportunities are followed up.
- Preparation of management and statutory accounts, with little supervision which are technically accurate and meet the full UK GAAP/IFRS requirements
- Preparation of VAT returns and a good understanding of VAT rules so that issues can be spotted and flagged to the manager for attention
- Achieve deadlines and understand the commercial implications of actions relating to productivity, recoverability, fee income and client service
- Understand a client's business and recognise the commercial implications of their actions, including comparisons with similar clients
- Provide constructive accounting advice to clients
- Identify departures from accounting standards or company law and communicate to senior team members
- Prepare the regular FCA returns on a timely and accurate basis and have an understanding or the FCA rules behind the returns so that solutions can be presented to the manager
- Liaise with tax, audit, regulatory consulting and other departments for client matters such as tax and payroll details
- Prepare/review payments using various payment systems.
- Review monthly management accounts, and VAT returns which have been prepared by more junior members of staff
- Assist with the preparation of budgets, cash flows and forecasts particularly for FCA clients, including ICAAPs and FCA applications
- Have a good understanding of the disclosure requirements of Companies Act and how this affects how accounts are prepared and presented
- ACCA/ ACA/CIMA qualified or part qualified dependant on relevant work experience
- Sound bookkeeping skills
- Good VAT and corporate tax knowledge
- Proven experience of statutory and management accounts preparation for UK entities
- Experience of audit file preparation and liaison with audit staff
- Competent using MS Office particularly Excel - intermediate / advanced level is required
- Proficient in use of accounting software such as Sage and Access and other relevant packages
- Excellent client interacting and relationship building skills
- Team worker / basic people management skills
- FCA return knowledge is useful but not essential
- Strong verbal communication and report writing skills
- Able to use own initiative
- Strong organisational and time management skills with proven planning and prioritising skills and able to work under pressure with accuracy and focus
- Able to influence internal clients / colleagues
- Able to be involved with objective setting
- Results orientated
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.