Travel Sales Manager
The Travel Team:
The Travel team is responsible for generating revenues from overnight stay deals, both domestically and internationally. The team currently consists of 12 sales representatives, split into the following sectors; UK, Ireland, International. All sales people are office based and work on account management and new business acquisition.
Main responsibilities of the Travel Manager:
The Travel Manager will be responsible for all revenue generated by the Travel team, and for the Travel team members themselves.
You will be the driving force behind deal identification through to deal performance once live on site. You will creatively develop and implement strategies to increase revenue delivery and will take responsibility for agreeing and setting monthly KPIs for all team members, as well as running local initiatives to drive activity. You will maintain a real-time inputs dashboard ensuring revenue targets are in line with budgeted revenues.
You will monitor and coach the Travel Team on an on-going basis and will be responsible for team hiring and the performance management / career progression of all those in your team.
In addition, you will be responsible for maintaining relationships with our key Partners/Hotel Chains, creating strategies and developing revenue with key deals which will feature prominently on the site.
- You will be responsible for the overall revenue delivery of your team
- This will require you to improve and streamline business as usual process and also to think of different and better ways of working
- You will work with senior executives to develop strategic and commercial initiatives that move the business forward
- You will developing on-going strategies to continually improve performance within your team
- You will manage and measure productivity across team and take corrective action if necessary
- You will be responsible for ensuring refunds stay below the agreed level through regular reviews with key merchants
Leading the Team:
- You will take ownership of the recruitment process for the Travel Team including the interview, initial assessment and on-boarding of new starters
- You will develop and orchestrate the on-going training process within the team, providing training, monitoring performance and delivering feedback and support where required
- You will agree and set KPI's and objectives for your team members and report on those metrics at an aggregate level
- You will run and develop local incentives to drive activities, and further the sense of engagement and morale within your team
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrable experience gained within senior level management environment
- Experience within the hotel sector
- Proven track record of hitting personal sales targets
- Highly numerate
- Ability to use initiative and exercise sound commercial judgement
- Proven track record of conceiving and implementing strategies for change
- Excellent presentation, communication and relationship building skills
- Leadership ability, with the desire to coach and develop a team
- Flexible and able to quickly adapt to new situations
- Highly organised, with the ability to multi-task and prioritise effectively