Sales Manager (Head of Channel)
An established and well respected company whose mission is to enable financial services to do better business commercially, intelligently and ethically.
Our client has built a reputation for running sophisticated and relevant high end events underpinned by substantial research. This activity is primarily event based however there is a heavy emphasis on adding value through consultancy and research.
This activity addresses the needs of three different channels:
- Private Banking & Wealth Management
- Financial Advisory
- Retail Banks and Brands - on line and high street organisations which distribute financial services. The brands are typically firms which offer FS as part of their broader offering.
We are seeking an ambitious individual looking to forge a career with our client. This is an opportunity to join a team of ten and be part of the next stage of the organisations growth.
You need to be adaptable, flexible and hardworking - keen to get stuck in and go that extra mile to develop a valuable experience for the clients B2B clients. The clients focus is on the "C" suite of all communities dealt with and their activity has to be seen as business critical rather than a "nice to have".
We need you to be able to:
- Nurture the Retail* community
- Ensure that you have full knowledge of the movers and shakers within the key organisations.
- Keep up to date with the issues affecting this industry be they regulatory; commercial; political or demographic.
- As Channel Manager, you will work with the General Manager to ensure the successful delivery of all activity within this Channel.
* The Retail Community includes the senior decision makers within retail banking (high street and on line banks and building societies) as well as the senior decision makers with the brands which sell financial services and products).
- You will need to be able to identify the right people to invite to the relevant events and handle the invitation process. This will entail substantial on line and telephone research to broaden the universe. You should be fearless of the telephone!
- You will need to be able to devise a marketing strategy to achieve the clearly defined targets set for each activity - be it an event or a research project.
- You will need to be prepared to meet and interview the key players within the industry to ensure we fully understand their business needs and also ensure the client remains top of mind.
- You will need to view all relationships in the context of business development i.e. all members of the company seek to identify new business opportunities and feed them through to the sales and business development team.
- You will handle the on the day delivery of the actual events.
- You will work with your colleagues to ensure that you all agree and attain the clearly defined targets.
- You will need to be well organised with the ability to develop processes and build consistency, efficiency and excellence throughout the business.
- You will need strong prioritisation skills and the ability to manage multiple workloads.
- You will need to be able to work with third party consultants.
- Educated to degree level
- Good spoken and written English
- You will need to be computer literate and at ease with digital media. This involves Excel, Word and Outlook as well as familiarity with LinkedIn and Twitter.
- A keen and demonstratable attention to detail.
In summary, your Objectives will be based on:
- The successful delivery of the required audience at each event in terms of numbers and seniority and company representation
- The smooth running of all events on the day ably assisted by competent back up
- The capturing of knowledge
- The ability to think big picture and support the ambitious growth plans of the company.
Our client is technologically enabled with a state of the art CRM; an event app which is integrated with the CRM; and a content management system which is managed by the digital marketing manager. Training will be given on all technology however as stated earlier a high level of proficiency across the board is a prerequisite.
All members of the team have their own laptops which they are able to use at home.
What sort of person?
The role demands a polished professional with a relaxed and confident telephone manner. We seek someone comfortable dealing with senior men and women; able to be a company ambassador out and about in the market place, handling and documenting their own meetings, as well as on the telephone.
Crucially, you must be ambitious and eager to thrive in a meritocratic environment.
You will be encouraged to devise your own strategy to achieve the delivery of clearly defined targets - the role requires a self-starter. However it also requires a team player - happy to collaborate with all parts of the business, someone who will roll up their sleeves and support whenever necessary.
Key to everything is an upbeat and enthusiastic personality, warm and welcoming.
And what do you get in exchange?
- A relaxed working environment very close to Godalming railway station
- Free Parking if needed.
In addition to a generous salary (as a guide, we are anticipating paying a salary of between £30,000 and £35,000, possibly £40,000 for someone with a lot of experience.
- A company pension scheme already in place. This will morph into auto enrolment by the beginning of April. 3% of your gross salary is paid into the scheme the company. You can top it up yourself if desired.
- A death in service scheme which pays out four x salary in the unlikely event of something unpleasant happening!
- Holiday allowance of 20 days per annum (excluding Bank Holidays) plus the period between Christmas and New Year. In 2016 this equated to three days!
- For every year of service completed this allowance increases by one day up to a limit of 25 days in total.
And all of this in a professional but fun and supportive environment.