Junior Java Developer
Junior Software Engineer - Java with Spring, Python, Linux
Salary: £24,000 - £28,000 pa
My client is an award-winning startup specialising in mobile. With substantial VC funding early last year, they are expanding further to meet increasing demand and have an immediate requirement for a highly talented and adept Junior Software Engineer (Java, Spring, Python, Linux) to help develop new features for the their solutions.
Reporting to and working closely with the Technical Lead, the right candidate will have 6 at least 6 months experience following university and will have an interest in using Java with Spring and Hibernate. The role will initially comprise approx. 40% operational work: systems administration, testing, documentation, etc. However, the aim is to reduce this to 20% by introducing intelligent automation that the candidate will help to develop.
This is a rare opportunity to make a real difference. The right candidate must be happy to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment with shifting priorities. In return, they will get the chance to work in a collaborative and innovative environment where initiative and new ideas are welcomed. They will also gain experience across many different disciplines including systems and database administration, architecture design and development, service oriented architectures, payments and security.
If you're motivated, driven and pay particular attention to delivering technical excellence, then you may be what we're looking for!
Essential Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum BSc in Computer Science or Mathematics
- Solid understanding of Linux, Apache and MySQL and general system administration
- Software Debugging and Unit Testing
- Object-Oriented Design
- 6 months' + experience in a software development role
Desirable Skills and Qualifications
- Tomcat, Spring, Hibernate, Django, BASH, Flask, Redis, Celery and Memcached
- RedHat Enterprise Linux
- PCI-DSS compliant architectures
- Knowledge of full-stack web technologies
- Software Development Lifecycle (preferably Agile)
- Using provided methodologies and tool sets, develop new features for the clients global payment processing solution through the development lifecycle (e.g. integration, user feedback, release and engineering phases).
- Proactively identify and implement code enhancements to the system to produce improvements in systems automation, performance, reliability, security, etc.
- Day to day maintenance of the clients systems, including security patches, kernel updates, documentation and reviewing logs.
- Provide both internal and external support depending on business needs.
- Analyse user requirements, anticipating future system features and functionality.
- Coordinate requirements, schedules and activities; contribute to team meetings.
- Support users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
- Use suitable monitoring tools to provide and react to operational feedback.
- Debug system problems and carry out small changes and amendments to application.
- Perform unit and integration testing for existing components and new features - 100% code coverage target.
- Troubleshoot development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Flexibility/teamwork - willing to support colleagues to respond to changing priorities. No job is considered "not my responsibility".
- High levels of initiative and a multi-tasker.
- Strong security-oriented mindset required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Confident Communicator - ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and clients verbally and in writing.
To be considered for this rare opportunity forward your CV to Heather O'Rourke or call on 0161 817 7888 for more details.
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com