We have an exciting opportunity within our Financial Planning team for a Financial Analyst.
The successful graduate applicant should have very strong quantitative and analytical skills preferably gained within Financial services and have advanced Excel skills and experience using Word and Powerpoint to produce compelling documents and presentations They will be studying or committed to commence starting to study toward a professional accounting qualification such as ACA, CIMA or ACCA.
The main purpose of the role is to support the Financial Planning Manager and existing Mortgage and Savings Analysts with the preparation of financial forecasts. You will support the savings team with the provision of pricing analysis and maintain the mortgage/savings forecast in QRM and provide robust analysis to support mortgage/investment pricing decisions. You will have responsibility for the provision of and supporting analysis of mortgages and savings data as required and provide daily cashflow reporting and analysis on mortgages and savings.
Core Activities include (but are not limited to):
- Ensure that monthly projection is produced on a timely and accurate basis to support objective review of cash flow and margin outlook.
- Ensure that projections are based upon sound analytical review of customer behaviour.
- Support the provision of monthly management accounts with supporting analysis.
- Ensure all product pricing terms are entered into forecasting systems within calendar month of launch.
- Manage the accounting requirements, including the calculation and payment of commission on affinity accounts and the amortisation of savings premiums. (Savings Analyst)
- Preparing the accounting figures for the external/acquired mortgage books. (Mortgage analyst)
- Provide variance analysis and commentary for the Balance Sheet Management Group (BSMG) on performance and forecast accuracy.
- Provide analysis and commentary in support of year end and half year accounts production and external audit requirements.
- Keep up to date with emerging market issues, regulatory developments and responsibilities to self and team to participate in learning and development training modules.
- Assisting in the preparation of budget and forecast packs and information analysis for presentation to the execs and Board.
- Role requires strong interpersonal skills and development of working relationships with other functions of the Society. e.g. Product Marketing.