Financial Accountant- London- Newly Qualified Accountant, ACCA, ACA
A leading brand in central London needs to strengthen their established and professional team through the appointment of a newly qualified ACA/ ACCA financial accountant. The business of 350 employees has real history in the area and is well respected and highly regarded as a leader in their field.
The purpose of the role is to be responsible for financial and taxation reporting, financial accounting judgements, provide advice to managers and other internal customers, liaise with auditors, regulators, banks, and HMRC to comply with regulation and maximise financial resources for the group ensuring continuous improvement.
Typical duties will include;
- Preparation of statutory, quarterly and annual accounts, liaising with external auditors, as well as presenting financial presentations on new accounting pronouncements
- Production of quarterly returns etc. and annual year-end statutory accounts including preparation of audit papers and schedules for Head of Finance to review
- Production of monthly tax returns (CIS and VAT) and annual VAT partial exemption calculations and corporation tax returns
- Supporting the daily delivery of operational financial transactions to time and quality, including signing off reconciliations and control accounts prepared by Accounts Assistants
- Take the lead on maintaining and improving the internal control assurance framework, including financial and standing order regulations - ensuring that all internal audit recommendations are addressed on time and to the agreed standard
- Support the Head of Finance in ensuring that all financial accounting policies and procedures are legally compliant and reflect best practice
The successful applicant will be newly qualified ACA or ACCA accountant likely to be from within a professional practice environment and who is looking for their first role within industry. You will have a strong knowledge of taxation with up to date recent accounting practices (e.g. FRS 102). Sage experience will be a distinct advantage.
You will be a bright ambitious person with a real flair for building long lasting and professional internal relationships where you can add real professional value. This is an excellent career opportunity within a company that has a fantastic culture of internal staff development.