NOC Datacentre IT Technician Hosting Server Linx
We offer managed hosting solutions for any size or type of business - from a single server to complex managed hosting environments. We’re looking for additional infrastructure technicians for our datacentre in Coventry who can contribute to our growing success.
We have a relaxed, friendly working environment and provide a fantastic opportunity for all new starters to thrive and rapidly learn new skills.
- Interest in computers/technology and willingness to learn and improve skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Strong knowledge of Windows operating system and basic understanding of Linux systems.
We’re more than happy to train an enthusiastic individual, but the ideal candidate would have the following:
- Knowledge of linux systems administration in a hosting environment.
- Experience using hosting control panels, such as cPanel/WHM or Plesk.
- Any experience with networking devices including Cisco and Juniper switches, firewalls and routers.
- Any previous experience working/building and maintaining computer hardware in particular rackmount server equipment from Supermicro/Dell/HP.
- Experience installing, configuring and supporting Apache/NGiNX, MySQL/PostgreSQL, FTP and Mail Servers
- Understanding and basic operation of virtualised environments include VMWare and Xenserver
As part of the datacentre technician role you would be responsible for:
- Building, installing and deploying new server solutions to customers
- Racking and cabling new hardware in the datacentre
- Monitoring networks and servers
- Helping customers resolve their technical issues via ticket/telephone
This role will involve working in 4 day on/off rotations including weekends and there may also be a possibility of some night shift work.