Senior Product Manager - Financial Services
Senior Product Manager
Your new company
A leading global financial services business based in Birmingham City Centre.
The Senior Product Manager (Unsecured Lending) role is based within Customer Value Management, within the unsecured lending team.
The unsecured team has full Profit and Loss (P&L) responsibility for the credit and debit and loans portfolios across the business. The team drives all product and proposition development, pricing, retention, service, communication and product management across the UK bank.
The role-holder is responsible for managing and delivering on the Insights, Innovation and Payments works streams across Cards and Loans. This includes managing the P&L review and analytical initiatives on a monthly basis. The position is also responsible of managing the debit product and P&L. Finally, key strategic transformation and digital projects are managed as part of the broader transformation. Your responsibilities will include:
- Key contribution towards sustainable success with over 7m credit card customers through effective conduct risk management
- Contributing towards Card product lines to hit their combined P&L and balance sheets financial targets
- Ensuring consistent delivery of a superior customer experience, adhering to relevant regulation, conduct risk and making a positive contribution to the brands
- Liaising and managing a wide array of internal customers, including: Propositions; Service Delivery; Compliance; Legal; Risk; Distribution; Change Delivery
- Having ability to motivate and develop other team members
- Having ability to influence stakeholders at all levels to help deliver change and improvement.
- Ensuring that products comply with relevant regulations
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Relevant product knowledge including knowledge of Credit/ Debit Cards
- Experience working in relevant environment/s, i.e. Retail Banking
- Past working experience in a relevant role, i.e. Senior Management/ Product Management
- Proven experience of leading the delivery of an excellent customer service and proactively look for innovative ways to improve the service delivered to customers
- A track record of constantly looking for ways to do things better and an excellent understanding of the mechanism necessary to successfully implement change
- A flexible and adaptable management style with experience of developing yourself and others
- A track record of making complex business decisions with authority, even in times of ambiguity, considering the potential long term risks and implications
- A successful track record of delivering complex projects and/or programmes, utilising appropriate techniques and tools to ensure and measure success
- A broad understanding of financial budgets/statements/models, with experience of analysing data effectively for planning, forecasting and reporting
- A comprehensive understanding of risk management and proven experience of ensuring own/others' compliance with relevant regulatory processes