Senior Housekeeper - Manchester
Senior Housekeeper - Manchester
Servest are recruiting for a Senior Housekeeper based within a busy hotel in Manchester. The aim of the role is to provide an efficient and effective cleaning service to our client, ensuring high standards of cleaning are delivered and maintained to meet the clients` specification and supporting the onsite Head Housekeeper. The hours of work at 5 out of 7 days, between 06.30- 15:00 and 08:00 - 16:30. (40 hours per week) If you like to be part of a progressive team, have ideas and are systematic in your approach in dealing with the challenges that a busy hotel can pose from time to time then this could be the role for you.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE
- Ensure all rotas for your team are in place to cover the needs of the site which include around 20 members of staff and 200 rooms.
- Deploy team resources in the most effective way, prioritising in order to overcome day to day problems.
- Ensure the specification is being met on site and is regularly reviewed with the client and your senior manager.
- Ensure you communicate effectively with your supervisors and senior manager regarding any feedback and ensure they are aware of any issues.
- Ensure next steps are immediately responded to by liaising with your site supervisors where necessary and using these to build long term improvements with the client.
- Hold a clear understanding of Health and Safety legislation and to be proactive in the reduction of onsite accidents.
- Ensure that you complete and submit timesheets / holiday and sickness forms within the given timescales.
- Complete recruitment for entry level positions and identify any training needs for new starters and current staff.
- Be responsible for the stock and the ordering of appropriate equipment.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- Housekeeping Supervisory experience within a hotel is essential- This position would be suitable for either a current supervisor or a head housekeeper of a small location looking for a new challenge
- The ability to effectively manage and motivate and train and recruit staff
- Exceptional eye for detail the delivering exceptionally high standards
- Knowledge of Health and Safety procedures
- Self-motivation, tenacity and good communication skills are a must
- Must be able to work under pressure and have strong management capability
- IT literate - Word, Excel and Outlook
Servest are offering a salary up to £20,500 with uniform provided and a free lunch
This role is paid on our 4 weekly payroll
We offer excellent career and development opportunities, as an organisations that's proud of its great people, we believe in the opportunity to recognise and share success. That`s why we offer a competitive salary, study support and additional benefits. If you are interested in applying for this role and meet the above criteria, please email your CV together with a covering letter.
Servest Group is an expert in facilities management, creating environments which enable people to deliver exceptional experiences to help organisations to be more efficient, effective and sustainable. To find out more please visit us on
**NO AGENCIES PLEASE**