Activities Manager for a Superb Care Provider - Regional - £30,0
Would you like to work for a supportive company that invests in all of their team members? They work together with a team spirit to help and support each other to improve skills and the use of best practice
The role requires initiative, commitment, enthusiasm and an outgoing personality. Must have a passion for making a difference to residents` lives and demonstrate influencing and persuasive skills while respecting the dignity and individuality of each resident.
- Develop, manage and co-ordinate a varied and meaningful activities programme that is person-centred, safe and stimulating.
- Manage all health and safety concerns in relation to activities and assessing risk.
- Work within the home`s policies and procedures and attend any training as required.
- Plan and organise in-house activities with groups or one to one as required, including social activities and events, including Christmas parties and other seasonal events, raffles, etc and be available to attend these events.
- Identify each resident`s needs whilst promoting independence and choice.
- Complete a profile for each resident with preference to different activities based on each resident`s life story, experiences and interests.
- Establish strong links with the local community and organise events which will encourage the local community into the home.
- Support residents to pursue any interests outside the home.
- Develop weekly programmes ensuring all individual needs are attained.
- Plan and organise monthly residents` meetings along with manager and senior staff.
- Risk assess planned activities and venues.
- Access appropriate transport.
- Monitor and review and record resident participation.
- Organise and plan fund raising events for the residents` funds.
- Support any other ad hoc duties required.
- £30,000 depending on relevant experience
If you are interested in hearing more about this vacancy, please contact Mike Ford on or alternatively send me your CV via email .
As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position. We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month. So, if this position is not for you but you know someone who might be interested why not earn a bit of cash anyway!
Keywords: Activities Manager