The Credit Controller will be responsible for chasing outstanding invoices, ensuring the accuracy of invoices, client records & performing reconciliations. Where required the credit controller will also be asked to post & allocate cash. Experience of carrying out credit checks, to assess the financial strength of a company is also desirable. A history of building strong client relationships, whilst maximising cash flow is essential.
- ensure effective collection of company debt
- works with a minimum of direction on collections for an important ledger, and key accounts
- anticipates developments, and identifies accounts that will require special attention
- handles disputed accounts and negotiates to bring payment into line with terms
- undertakes complex reconciliations, and compiles documentation for legal action where necessary
- maintains accurate individual measurement and performance statistics
- obtains sufficient information to assess the creditworthiness of new and existing customers
- works within guidelines and reports to the Credit Control Manager
- maintains clear and concise records of customer communications
- interacts well with customers and departmental colleagues, e.g. sales
- managing relationships with the clients in order to reduce exposure to potential bad debt.
- showing a genuine desire to hit targets
- always being conscious of ways to improve own and team performance, and make suggestions to the Credit Control Manager
- Proven success in a credit control role
- Team player and a pro-active participant in the finance team
- Strong yet Personable character/style.
- Ability to work independently, proactive and self motivated.
- Experience with dealing with UK and international clients, both SME & corporate
- Excellent communication skills, telephone manner and technique and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- An understanding of credit control practices and collection processes including the legal collections processes and their constraints
- Comfortable in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Good negotiation skills with the ability to assess issues and be assertive with debtors
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of processed information
- AAT, or equivalent
- ICM Qualified