We are currently recruiting for a Network Administrator to work at our Birmingham (Elmdon Trading Estate near the NEC) offices. This is a permanent position, offering a salary region £20-22,000pa (depending on experience), working 40 hours per week.
Our client is the UK's leading provider of management solutions and parking technology across public and private sectors. We design, install and maintain bay sensor solutions that give real time availability of parking in the "on street" environment.
We are looking for someone to join the Technology team to support, maintain and develop the existing network infrastructure. The role will be office based and will require a sound knowledge of LAN network administration.
- Primary responsibility will be to maintain the existing infrastructure and perform BAU tasks
- To suggest and advise areas of improvement for the existing infrastructure/processes
- Develop and maintain current list of projects/tasks
- Create and maintain network documentation.
- Standard layer 2 technology - VPNs, Ethernet, FTP
- Knowledge of LAN and WAN networks (Routers and switches)
- Supporting Windows (Windows 7 and above)
- Administrating Windows Server 2008R2
- Backup technologies
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Organised with the ability to create detailed documentation
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Software packages (Excel/Word etc.)
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to achieve tight deadlines
- Be able to work on your own initiative with a positive attitude
- Salary circa £20-22,000 per annum
- 28 days holiday
- Pension scheme
- Exceptional in house and on the job training
- Great team environment and real career progression
We are keen to attract candidates with an enthusiasm who are keen to forge a career in cutting edge technology. We will also consider graduates with relevant qualifications and some "hands on" experience, eager to improve on their skills
If you can demonstrate a willingness to learn and prove yourself to be an able and effective team player, we can offer you a great career opportunity with an innovative, ground-breaking and well respected market leader in our field.
Please apply with CV and covering letter confirming current salary
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are acting as consultants for the hiring company. Ortolan People are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.