Tata Steel is one of the world's top ten steel producers. The combined group has an aggregate crude steel capacity of more than 28 million ton and approximately 80,000 employees across four continents. Our client is part of the Tata Group, one of the largest, most diverse conglomerates in the world with businesses in the UK including Tata Steel, Jaguar Land Rover and Tetley Tea.
A vacancy has arisen for Liaison Engineer to join the Operations team to be based at our Automotive Depot on the Steelpark Site. The Steelpark site in Wolverhampton is the largest operational facility within their Distribution UK & Ireland. The site comprises of four operating businesses including Automotive, Slitting Centre, Light Gauge Strip and Profiling.
The Sales & Marketing function is the driving force behind creating one integrated, customer driven company. Sales & Marketing is focused on delivering the company's aims of becoming customer intimate and to delivering value to customers by:
* Making customers successful in their markets
* Delivering operational excellence
* Offering innovative products & services
* Being responsible in everything we do
We are recruiting for a Liaison Engineer based within the Automotive Technical Department, at the site in Wednesfield, West Midlands. Reporting to the Operations Manager, the purpose of the role is to co-ordinate and prioritise technical support to customers ranging from short term through long term activities, in line with Corus Automotive strategy. In addition, you will be required to participate in activities to maintain accreditation to TS16949 and ISO14001 and to provide training on technical based subjects to other departments. The performance of the Liaison engineer will be measured against Quality, Safety/Environmental, People and Financial.
In order to be considered for the this role, applicants will be required to have the following:
· Financial Experience / Skills - Budget process, Cost control and Accounts organisation.
· Strong Commercial Awareness - to include commercial policy, product/process knowledge, supplier knowledge and commercial organisation.
· Operational Knowledge to include product and process, Material specification, Basic metallurgy, Plant and equipment on site, Quality procedures and Continuous improvement techniques.
· Knowledge and Experience of IT systems such as STRATIX, YMOnline, Esure, Assist, OnDemand,QMS,APQP, Microsoft office Packages and Notes.
· Quality and Technical Experience.
· Experience of People Management - Team working skills, Training / Coaching Skills, Selection procedures, Reward Processes, Disciplinary procedures, Communication procedures and Negotiation skills.
Salary : Around £32k Dependant on Experience