Site/Setting Out Engineer
North Midland Construction is a national building, civil engineering and mechanical, electrical contractor with 70 years’ experience. With our Head Office based in Huthwaite, Nottinghamshire we operate through a number of strategically placed regional offices covering the whole of the British Isles; offering clients a one stop shop for their construction requirements.
An opportunity has arisen for Site/Setting out Engineer who will ensure that civil engineering requirements are correctly interpreted from design and implemented on site.
In addition to their technical role, they will work as part of the site management team, sharing responsibility for, health and safety, as well as the organisation and supervision of material and human resources. They will be engaged on projects which vary from small scale to multi-million pound ventures across the Severn Trent framework.
The main duties include the responsibility for the following:
- To ensure Health & Safety are of paramount importance
- Setting out (marking the position of structures) and levelling the site
- Surveying the site
- Checking drawings and quantities and ensuring that the calculations are accurate for the work
- Helping with the selection and purchase of materials for use in the construction and their value
- Liaising with any consultants and / or sub-contractors engaged in the project
- Overseeing quality control and safety matters on the site, and ensuring that regulations are up kept
- Resolving any unexpected technical difficulties, and other problems that may occur
- Quality Assurance
- Development of strong team working relationships
- Helping to ensure all project KPI`s and KPM`s are achieved
- Ensuring compliance to NMCN & STW procedures through weekly returns where required
- Cost risk management and early identification of problematic issues on site
- Bring innovative ideas
Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years experience as a site engineer / setting our engineer.
- An industry applicable qualification
- Experience of FRC works and drainage is preferable
- Working knowledge of CAD would be favourable
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Self motivation
- Be able to organise yourself
- Be able to work in a strong team environment
- Be proactive in your approach
- An excellent communicator
- A high level of diplomacy and customer focused