Senior Analyst - Statistical Modelling
Job Title: Senior Analyst - Statistical Modelling
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 Plus bonus and benefits
Our client is looking for a Senior Analyst to join their analytics team in Manchester city centre.
The Senior Analyst will work as part of the Chief Financial Officer’s (CFO) team, supporting the CFO, Head of Pricing and Senior Investment Manager across several areas across several areas, including:
- The production of business cases to support debt purchasing decisions through the application of statistical forecasting models.
- The development and maintenance of statistical forecasting models.
- Undertaking bespoke analysis to resolve highly technical financial problems.
- The analysis and manipulation of data to assist in the production of investment memorandums for consideration by the investment committee.
- Developing new approaches and methodologies for forecasting cash flows and developing investment theses.
- Post-acquisition, early review and analysis of actual performance vs. forecast
- Performing on-site due diligence on potential investment opportunities.
- Dealing with creditors and financial institutions in the UK and Europe, to obtain sale documents and data files.
The ideal candidate will be a quick learner with the ability to think on their feet, self-motivated, highly numerate, proficient in Excel and SQL and confident in communicating with stakeholders, some of them senior members of the business. Specific training will be provided in relation to other analytical tools, such as SAS, where appropriate. Prior experience in the development of statistical models and a strong data manipulation skill set would be seen as advantageous.