VP Sanctions needed at Global Bank
A new vacancy has been made available in the Group Financial Crime team of a Global bank. Specifically, the team are looking to bring on a Sanctions specialist at the VP level to drive and influence technological strategy and architecture for sanctions screening. This an excellent opportunity for a professional with sanctions systems implementation skills to work in house at a leading financial services provider.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Together with the Head of Sanctions direct and assist the operational sanctions screening systems in continuing to maintain the appropriate tuning of the global sanctions screening systems and ensure the updating of the Group policy and procedures accordingly.
- Provide day to day advice on sanctions policy matters and support immediate team in providing advice relating to customers and transactions.
- Ensure that Sanctions Policy requirements are implemented consistently through solution designs.
- Support the Head of Sanctions in identifying and driving a co-ordinated approach to change in the Sanctions processes, procedures and initiatives Group-wide
- Proactively identify improvements needed within the relevant Systems and Controls across the group, continuously seeking to drive consistency, efficiency and effective performance of the overall framework
Key Skills Required:
- Understanding of sanctions Screening processes and systems.
- In depth knowledge of regulatory environment and financial crime risk management
- Interest in politics and its effect on global regulatory environment
- Ability to distil complex issues to clear and concise briefings for senior management.
- Strong team player as well as leader - ability to encourage, engage and empower
- Experience working with sanctions screening systems either in house at a bank or as part of a IT consultancy/third party provider
To find out more about Real please visit www.realstaffing.com