Technical Specialist - Unix / Solaris
IT at the Coventry is changing; we are currently undertaking an exciting transformation project that will shape the future of the organisation. As we progress on our journey we are seeking talented individuals who are passionate about delivering an outstanding experience for both members and colleagues in an environment where you will have the opportunity to be part of the future success of the organisation and work in an environment where personal and professional development is taken seriously.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a Technical Specialist – Unix / Solaris to be an SME responsible for the design, build and implementation of technical solutions to meet Business requirements and IT Infrastructure roadmaps aligning with architectural strategy. To carry out problem determination and resolution activities for project based work and assist RUN in problem resolution if necessary. Provide out of hours support as required to meet operational IT needs.
- UNIX (preferably Solaris 10 & 11) and Layered Product Administration and Tuning.
- SAN technology (NetApp) , FC-HBA & NFS connectivity and utilities.
- Storage Technologies such as ZFS, Veritas Volume Manager, Solaris Volume Manager
- Scripting skills predominantly Korn shell
- Configuration/Administration of Oracle (Sun) Hardware – M Series, T Series Servers, LDOMs
- Appreciation of Oracle Databases and Applications (Oracle E-Business, Oracle Forms, Oracle Internet Directory)
- Apache/Tomcat Web services
- Backup software (Commvault Simpana,)
- An appreciation of IBM Netezza (Linux) appliances and Data Warehouses.
- Linux (preferably Red Hat) product Installation, Administration and Tuning.
- Scheduling software
About the team:
As a team, we work really closely with each other and various areas of IT. This enables us to maintain a ‘family’ feel to what we do; you’ll support, care and succeed together. Within this close-knit team, you’ll have opportunities to grow with us and to play a key part in a thriving, growing organisation – you’ll feel like you belong. Appealing, right?
That’s not all! We’re passionate about what we do, whether this is conducting our key processes, making change happen to procedures or supporting the local community.
You’ll take pride in being here, and to make sure that you can cram all of this into a typical week as a Technical Specialist – Unix / Solaris, we are closely aligned to the Society values. These are designed to make sure you’ll do what’s right and we deliver our main promise; putting members first.
What we offer:
- Salary £31,433 - £47,150
- Pension Scheme –this is 5% of your basic salary
- Holidays -Minimum 23 days holiday
- Childcare allowance scheme
- Success Share scheme
- Sports and Social Club
- Learning & Development
If you have the required skill set and desire to be part of our success please do not hesitate to make an application.