Senior Modelling Analyst
Due to business growth a new opportunity has been created for a Senior Analyst to join a growing European market leader at their UK Head Office in Manchester.
You will be an experience Analyst with exposure in the use of Business Intelligence, Analytical and Statistical packages (e.g. SQL, SAS, SAP Business Objects, Cognos, Tableau, R)
Joining an impressive and experienced team you will be a Key contributor within a best in class analytics function that is responsible for the management, development and analysis of existing and potential business. . Business intelligence and insight will be provided using all available internal and external data and trends to help deliver the Company's objective of being a market leader.
* Support the progression of a high performing analytics team, exploring with a range of tools and techniques and undertaking training within the team
* Responsible for own development and for sharing best practices with colleagues
* Deep dive into large and complex data to produce innovative and insightful analysis of historical trends and customer behaviors
* Contribute to Strategic Business initiatives by delivering analysis that shapes the executive decision making process
* Development of the Modelling infrastructure; which includes modelling datasets, model scoring and model monitoring
* Development of statistical models, (predictive and descriptive) using internal and external data to support customer contact activity.
* Analyse data to produce, evaluate, interpret and analyse a range of statistical and written information in order support recommendations that will have a positive impact on policy and strategy
* Support the identification of value adding opportunities, through proactive analytics into any variances in performance and identify underlying causes.
* Contribute towards regular updates of any business improvement solutions.
* Support the delivery of granular level targets and KPIs in both cash and volume metrics to ensure operations perform in line with forecast and we challenge the latest thinking
* Understanding the relevant data points and key drivers are to be analysed in order to drive performance and forecasting.
* Contribute to automating processes and MI so we work more efficiently as a team
Key Result Areas:
* Development of models to support contact activity
* Development of modelling infrastructure; modelling datasets, model monitoring and model scoring
* Ability to interpret data to support new strategies
* Adherence to tight deadlines.
* Achievement of service level standards.
In order to be successful in this role you will require the following skills and experience;
* Experienced in developing models (predictive & descriptive) using techniques such as Logistic Regression, Linear Regression, CHAID, Random Forests, Cluster Analysis, Discriminant Analysis
* Experience of working in a heavily regulated environment.
* Experience in using internal and external data and insight to support recommendations that shape business strategy and improve performance
* Ability to work as part of a team, pro-actively, multi-task and deliver
* Competent communication, interpersonal and listening skills - ability to communicate at all levels
* Ability to present complex and detailed data in a format that aids debate and discussion across the business
* Experience in the use of Business Intelligence, Analytical and Statistical packages (e.g. SQL, SAS, SAP Business Objects, Cognos, Tableau, R)
* Fully proficient with advanced levels of MS Excel and PowerPoint
For more information on this role please forward your CV to Martin Parr. Sellick is a leading independent professional recruitment business that was proud to be listed on the Insider North West growth 200 list operating with offices nationwide.