IT Senior Internal Auditor
An opportunity has arisen to work for AXA UK’s Group Internal Audit function as a Senior IT Internal Auditor. The role is to conduct assigned internal audit reviews within the AXAUK Group businesses in order to provide assurance on the adequacy, appropriateness and effectiveness of the internal control environment and risk management framework.
You will hold a recognised professional qualification (CISA/CISM) and will be able to demonstrate a proven track record working within Audit, specifically focused around IT and will also have a strong understanding of audit tools such as ACL and IDEA.
The role can be based in London, Bristol or Ipswich.
- To participate in the planning of Internal Audit Reviews through business engagement, developing and agreeing the audit scope, identifying key risks for each review and detailed fieldwork plans and time budgets for each review.
- To participate in the execution of Internal Audit Reviews through assessing the adequacy of control environments, risk management, control activities, information and communication, and monitoring in the areas under review.
- To report on Internal Audit Reviews through drafting audit reports for review by audit and business management, agreeing management action plans and target dates and ensuring all reported issues are evidenced in audit documentation.
- To monitoring the progress of Management Action Plans resulting from audit reviews through liaising with business management and updating GIA action tracking database accordingly.
- To identify, build and maintain relationships with appropriate members of the business within assigned relationship management areas and to use these relationships to provide early warning of potential control or risk management issues.
- To develop and maintain a strong business understanding of key business, finance, regulatory and IT activities and risks and of significant developments within the financial services industry and use this understanding to influence the annual audit planning process.
- To develop and maintain a strong understanding of GIA process and procedures and apply these in the execution of audit reviews and to take a proactive role in the support and continual improvement of the audit team.
Skills, knowledge and behaviour
- Excellent knowledge of established IT disciplines, such as security, service management, disaster recovery and emerging technologies and trends.
- Good knowledge of data analytics techniques and tools (ACL, SAS, IDEA etc.).
- In depth understanding of best practice in auditing and knowledge of enterprise risk management practice.
- Significant knowledge of the insurance industry and significant knowledge of audit, control or risk management.
- Strong communication, networking and influencing skills.
- Good analytical skills and understanding of project management principles.
- Degree and/or relevant professional qualification (e.g. CISA, CISM, ITIL) and/or significant relevant audit, risk management, control or financial services qualification.